“very pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I am not always a fan of buffets, but I was very pleasantly surprised with Toi Shan. My husband and I had been invited here by friends that frequently eat there. This was a luncheon buffet on a Monday. The dining room is not overly large but was always at least half full for the hour or so we were there.
The food is your usual offering of soup with a selection of meats, vegetables, rice and noodles. The food was fresh, well prepared, very tasty and hot!
The service was excellent - dirty dishes were wisked away promptly.
I loved it and look forward to going back again.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Order early as they are busy. Food never disappoints. Lemon chicken, garlic black bean shrimp all great. Very good portions.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

This place is small, unsophisticated and relatively "cheap and cheerful". However, they do serve a great buffet lunch, that is tasty and inexpensive. First time visit and I was very impressed. Recommend.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Toi Shan is a hidden gem in the Southwest Community of Westbrook. Located in a little strip mall just off Bow Trail, it provides eat in or take out. If you're planning on eating in call ahead or go early or you'll likely have to wait. As for take out, have never waited more than 10 mins. My fav is the Palace Style Chicken. Ginger beef is also very good. Of course the menu has many other options. We've tried a few others but these are our favorites. Best Chicken Fried Rice I've had. Have been going for years and it never disappoints. Give it a try, you'll be a regular.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I work nearby so used to go there every day I would stuff my face with the goodness of their food and the wonders of their soups it was a great place to go the owners knew me and they would always smile when I came in because he knew I would have a good time eating. You can dine in or take out so if I had to run I would take my food to go and even if I took it to go it was still just as tasty and wonderful to eat I would give this place a 10 out of five because it was so good and friendly