“Birthday party spot”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed March 8, 2017

I was caught a bit flat-footed by a family member's milestone birthday. With little time to organize, family favorite Toi Shan quickly sprang to mind.
Toi Shan's staff were very good, and so was the food. Our cake (they have no cake on the menu) was placed in their cooler as soon as we arrived. (That was fortunate, as I later discovered that refrigeration was an absolute must for that cake.) We decided to just order the dinner for 8, which staff assured us would feed 10 people - and they were right!
The white tablecloths set the tone, and staff helped with serving the wonton soup at the table. We had a wonderful time, and even bumped into some aquaintances who had recently celebrated a milestone anniversary at Toi Shan and were still talking about it.
I wouldn't hesitate to have a similar event at Toi Shan in future.

1  Thank Country_Wife

Reviewed October 17, 2016

I am not always a fan of buffets, but I was very pleasantly surprised with Toi Shan. My husband and I had been invited here by friends that frequently eat there. This was a luncheon buffet on a Monday. The dining room is not overly large but was always at least half full for the hour or so we were there.
The food is your usual offering of soup with a selection of meats, vegetables, rice and noodles. The food was fresh, well prepared, very tasty and hot!
The service was excellent - dirty dishes were wisked away promptly.
I loved it and look forward to going back again.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Order early as they are busy. Food never disappoints. Lemon chicken, garlic black bean shrimp all great. Very good portions.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

This place is small, unsophisticated and relatively "cheap and cheerful". However, they do serve a great buffet lunch, that is tasty and inexpensive. First time visit and I was very impressed. Recommend.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Toi Shan is a hidden gem in the Southwest Community of Westbrook. Located in a little strip mall just off Bow Trail, it provides eat in or take out. If you're planning on eating in call ahead or go early or you'll likely have to wait. As for take out, have never waited more than 10 mins. My fav is the Palace Style Chicken. Ginger beef is also very good. Of course the menu has many other options. We've tried a few others but these are our favorites. Best Chicken Fried Rice I've had. Have been going for years and it never disappoints. Give it a try, you'll be a regular.