“Workshop Kitchen”

Workshop Kitchen + Culture
Reserve with OpenTable
Workshop Kitchen + Culture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,001 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Chef Kenny and crew have something new, fresh and innovative for your dining pleasure! Check it out if you can get a reservation! Extra good luck during Stampede!!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I was introduced to this restaurant by friends and enjoyed it so much, I took my husband there a couple of weeks later. My friends advised to leave the choice for cocktails and food up to the staff. All you need to do is let the bar tender know the main ingredient you want in your cocktail ie bourbon and he'll take it from there. Yum!
They also have a price fix choice of either 3 or 5 courses and both times I chose the 3 course meal. What's different at Workshop is that you don't know what the dishes are ahead of time - it's a surprise! They change the ingredients daily to reflect what is in season and fresh. I eat gluten free and on both visits to Workshop it was no problem for them to accommodate my dietary restriction. So in total I've had 6 dishes in my two visits and every single one of them was outstanding!! When my husband and I went we chose to sit at the counter and what fun to watch the food being prepared!
The staff are excellent! Friendly, helpful and able to describe what has been plated in great detail. Makes for a wonderful ambience for a night out. If you like, you can choose a flight of wine to accompany each course, chosen specifically to compliment the flavours of the day.
All in all, a super dining experience. I'll be back!!!

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed June 20, 2018

I have to agree with most people on this site, that you need to try this place. The atmosphere is very trendy, and a great spot to have a business meal, or just a causal meal with family or friends. The menu is great with options for all types of diets. I must recommend the burger and fries, very good. Patty is cooked to perfection and makes you want more. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable on the menu. These also offer a great lunch special, Lougheed Lunch, where you get a soup/salad, main, and dessert for a very good price. Make sure you check this place out.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Wow! We lucked out with a random walk in here. We chose the 3 course Improv with paired wines. Every piece on the plate was thoughtfully flavored to perfection. Perfect serving size. Go try it!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Lougheed Lunch offers great choices. Dave attentive but not hovering. Tap water in a bottle, funky touch. Easy to follow menu. First time here and happy original spot was closed for the day. Dropped in for lunch and lucky to get a table, will definitely make a reservation in the future. Bonus - you can carry on a conversation without raising your voice, I attribute that to the solid older building. Top Notch!