“Great place for a celebration!!”

Workshop Kitchen + Culture
Reserve with OpenTable
Workshop Kitchen + Culture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,856 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Had not heard about this restaurant until my niece booked it for a family celebration last weekend. We were a party of 12 and opted for the 5 course improv meal - meaning we sit down and they just bring on the food. It was fantastic, and our waiter was very attentive and good with explaining all the courses to us. There is also a menu that you can order from which looks delicious as well. We actually had one of our guests who was detained and missed the majority of the meal, elected to take something off the menu when he arrived. He had the pork belly and raved about it. Interesting atmosphere - loved the "chandeliers". Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a very nice evening out and if you are at all adventurous, go for the improv menu. We even took the Ctrain there to avoid having to worry about downtown parking

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Our last night in Canada. Great atmosphere and seriously good & interesting food beautifully presented by a chef who is clearly talented and loves his work. All perfectly presented by charming Niesha who was knowledgable, smart, witty and utterly charming. We Brits have SO much to learn!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere has hit the perfect blend of nestalgia with updated sleek design. The food is always great and their Lougheed lunch specials with a coffee or pop and a desert for $25 is hard to beat.

A must try!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Chef Kenny and crew have something new, fresh and innovative for your dining pleasure! Check it out if you can get a reservation! Extra good luck during Stampede!!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I was introduced to this restaurant by friends and enjoyed it so much, I took my husband there a couple of weeks later. My friends advised to leave the choice for cocktails and food up to the staff. All you need to do is let the bar tender know the main ingredient you want in your cocktail ie bourbon and he'll take it from there. Yum!
They also have a price fix choice of either 3 or 5 courses and both times I chose the 3 course meal. What's different at Workshop is that you don't know what the dishes are ahead of time - it's a surprise! They change the ingredients daily to reflect what is in season and fresh. I eat gluten free and on both visits to Workshop it was no problem for them to accommodate my dietary restriction. So in total I've had 6 dishes in my two visits and every single one of them was outstanding!! When my husband and I went we chose to sit at the counter and what fun to watch the food being prepared!
The staff are excellent! Friendly, helpful and able to describe what has been plated in great detail. Makes for a wonderful ambience for a night out. If you like, you can choose a flight of wine to accompany each course, chosen specifically to compliment the flavours of the day.
All in all, a super dining experience. I'll be back!!!

1  Thank Karen W