“I keep going back....”

Ranked #8 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: UNA Pizza + Wine is a neighbourhood restaurant serving Californian & Italian influenced cuisine, thin crust pizzas, wine and as much local product as we can get. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30am - 1am for lunch, dinner & late night dining and 7 days a week from 4pm - 11pm for delivery in the southwest of Calgary.
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The atmosphere is what I call date night. It is dimly lit, cozy and romantical. The service is above average; you wont find yourself having to fill up your own glass of wine. Seating at the bar if its busy is still great, watching everyone in the kitchen work hard is highly entertaining. One of my favorite things about Una which is out of the ordinary is the music/book reading that plays in the washroom. This past weekend it was Anthony Bourdain (from the show No Reservations) This food has never been disapointing over the 10+ times I have been. My favorites (FlatIron Steak share plate & Swiss Chard Pizza) LOVE!

1  Thank Alohaweniki

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My girlfriend said Una served us one of the best pizzas she has ever had. I agree. Very flavourful and not too much cheese. Warm, casual ambiance and attentive , friendly service.

1  Thank selmer
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We walked in at 6:00 on a Friday night (of a holiday weekend). We got the last 2 seats in the restaurant - squeezed in at the bar (we were thankful to get a seat so this was fine). We tried to make reservations in advance but they do not allow this - which I understand since they were packed the whole time we were there.

We had the manchego and prosciutto appetizer and mushroom pizza. Both were very good. The wine list was ok (not great). Service was good.

Great choice if you are craving Italian themed food (with a heavy emphasis on pizza) in a casual environment.

1  Thank Orange-Grapefruit
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Overall, I will say that if you haven't eaten here, you should try it. The pizzas are good and authentic and the wine is great. That being said I found everything to be extremely overpriced, and the place feels like it is trying a bit to hard to be trendy. I recommend going there for lunch because supper time can be pretty packed in there.

1  Thank SuperD102
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Heard about this place from some Italian friends said it was the most authentic pizza they found in Calgary. Tried it out and really enjoyed the wine selection and the pizza. Wasn't impressed by the appies.

1  Thank Steffied_12