“Exceptional experience. ”

Ranked #472 of 2,615 Restaurants in Edmonton
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at Back home fish and chips and I'm pleased to say I was very impressed. Our meals came out quick and the service was friendly and quick as well. The meal sizes were quite big and the halibut was amazing. It only got 4 out of 5 for me as I felt something's were a bit outdated and could've been a bit tidier but all In all , a great fish and chips.

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

I needed a good restaurant that was reasonably priced. The reviews on Back Home said it was what I was looking for. I wasn't disappointed.
It's nothing fancy, but the food was excellent, the service prompt and efficient, and the price on budget.
I had the Small Fish & Chips. 3 good sized pieces of nicely battered, flaky haddock and a huge mound of hot, unsalted chips, all for $19.95. I could hardly eat it all!
The only suggestion I have is a meal of 2 pieces of fish, chips, and coleslaw or mushy peas, for about the same price.
Next time I'm in Edmonton, I'll be back! And maybe I'll ask for a side instead of the third piece of fish.

Reviewed April 22, 2017

As an ex-pat Englishman, I'm a bit of a fan of fish and chips. Back Home's don't really come close to any decent fish and chips that I've eaten over 'ome, or in other places in Edmonton. First criticism is there is only one type of fish available: haddock. I have never been to a restaurant which specializes in fish and chips and only offers one type of fish. Very odd. And, as it is a restaurant, it was disappointing to find I couldn't have a pint with my meal - or any booze for that matter. It's not licenced. We were with our two grandchildren and ordered a sort of family pack: 10 3oz pieces of fish with chips. This comes with a fairly good coleslaw, a white pus like substance in a squeegee bottle laughingly called tartare sauce and an equally ghastly lemon juice also in a squeegee bottle. The fish was not bad - for haddock - but the batter was soft and squishy, and not the nice crunchy batter which I enjoy. The chips - called French fries by the server - were a generous portion, but they were thin and scrawny and not the best. I also ordered some mushy peas, which were served in a tiny ramekin dish and amounted to about three tablespoons in quantity. The service was friendly, but four hours after the meal I can still taste the squishy batter in the back of my throat. I don't think we'll go back.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Great place to enjoy a meal of old fashioned fish and chips, very delicious food at a reasonable price. Excellent friendly service.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Ive only been here once, but the experience for me, was a very good one. There was myself and my friend, we went on a Thursday evening for dinner. To our delight, we were told Thurs was 2 dine for 24.99. The meal consisted of beverage, main course and desert. I loved the meal, couldn't do the desert, to full. I would recommend a person trying this cute restaurant, very homey. Ive been wanting to go back since the first time.

1  Thank carleensmith