“Cute place delicious food”

Ragazzi Bistro Italiano
Ranked #220 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

We happened to come across Ragazzi while driving down the road. Don't judge a book by its cover. This place is great. It doesn't look like much from the outside. But when you walk in you are greeted by the cooks and staff. Our food was delicious and not too pricey. The atmosphere was comfortable and we loved the background music.

1  Thank Ashley L

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Located in the Bonnie Doon area. A family owned restaurant where they serve Cucina Italiana, we went for lunch with a couple of friends, one of them Italian.
I was impressed with the interior decor, very well done. Quite large inside, we each ordered a different dish, and they were all delicious, only a bit salty, which is really too bad, as you cannot take the salt away.
We loved the background music they were playing, old , classic Italian songs. Many ethnic places fail to play the proper music according to their specialty. At lunch time the place was fairly busy, we had made reservations ahead.
Very nice server, with a big, friendly smile. Good service, reasonable priced.
A place to go back to. Good free parking.

1  Thank Nonnita02
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I was actually very excited to try out Ragazzi, as I heard a lot about it. Initially walking in I really enjoyed the Italian vibe, it was cozy and inviting. We made a reservation for 7pm thinking our table would be ready we had to wait for it to be set at least 10 minutes. We sat down and our server gave us water and we ordered. The complimentary bread (which was cold, still defrosting) came 50 minutes later with some balsamic vinegar (no oil). After another 20 minutes came our food.. So overall the wait was just horrendously long. The pizza was delicious, pasta was good. Would order pizza again but not if I have to wait over an hour.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

This restaurant is a little bit of a hole in the wall, but don't be mistaken, it is fantastic. The food is great and the atmostphere is very Italian. I had some lasagna that was probably the best I have ever had, including from the Old Spagetti Factory where I have been eating there for the last 35 years. The kids can watch the staff make a pizza from scratch, tossing the fresh dough. Go for any occasion, just make sure you make a reservation as it can get very busy.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We have visited this restaurant twice in the past two weeks. The first time we had the pizza, which is thin crust. I think I have eaten many renditions of thin crust pizza and although the toppings were very fresh and tasty, I am not fond of the really crispy crust. I know this is purely personal preference so it is not a negative issue. On the second visit we opted for pasta selections. Hubby had the carbonara and he thought it was very good. I had the ricotta stuffed ravioli and I loved it. We had the mista salad both times and it was also excellent. I would rather have parmesan cheese served as freshly ground rather than the shaker style, but again this is not a deal breaker. It is a cute little neighbourhood restaurant with friendly staff. The service was adequate, the atmoshphere is nice. This will be a restaurant that we will visit regularly.