“Wonderful, Warm, Welcome”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Tucked into a strip mall on the east end of 82 Avenue in Edmonton, is this unpretentious little bistro. Although it is on 82 Avenue, this is not to be confused with "Whyte Ave." You don't need to be a hipster to enjoy Ragazzi. We're a couple of old school old folks, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. With that in mind, we headed out for what was my second visit.

We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation, and waited all of 3 minutes, then a gracious staff wisked us to our table in a snug booth, perfect for the the 2 of us on a date night.

We sipped on our pre dinner drinks while we vontemplated the menu. Dinner for us began with a well presented antipadto plate of prosciutto, capicollo, mozzarella cheese, pickled peppers, and an Italian bread roll. That certainly got out tastebuds tingling, and ready for the main course.

To accompany our main plates, I ordered aglass of Merlot, andmy lady took a glass of Chardonnay. We both ate their veal Saltimbocca, which was rolled around prosciutto and sage, and served with padta, and fabulous medly of vegetables. Delicious.

I do not need to eat dessert. I should not eat dessert. Their tiramisu tasyed absolutely wonderful, and was a terrific eay to end the meal.

The service was just right. Attentive without being intrusive. Friendly, without trying to be our new BFF.

I'd go back.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 17, 2017

I have been here many times with my family over the years. I have always enjoyed the place and the service has always been excellent. I came here the other night with a friend, they have just re-opened.

The server we had was delightful, fun, prompt and attentive, excellent service.

I ordered the Cappriacosa pizza, my freind ordered the Penne Al'Arrabbiata. The pizza was good, I like the sauce and toppings,

My friend enjoyed the penne.

Overall a good spot but I just find the pizza crust to be very hard, too hard for my liking.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Hello trip-a-holics ... dropped by the ole pizzeria the other nite and the boys dished it up again .. salad and pasta were bang on and the pizza was its usual goodness. See a few stale reviews and can only say, if your looking for New York style pies at its best, this is the place, if not call 222 !! .. the padrino

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

We were 6 adults on a Thursday evening. Restaurant was busy, with a nice atmosphere. Good menu with a decent selection of pasta including gluten free, in addition to a wide range of pizza. Friendly and capable staff. You get the impression they are genuinely happy to have you there. The interior is old fashioned but comfortable. Easy parking. Reasonable prices. Good venue for a decent Italian meal with family or friends.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 8, 2017

I am so disappointed by this place. I had read great reviews in a local Edmonton magazine and went in with high expectations bringing in 4 guests. The pizza crust was dry and tasteless... the ingredients are not premium Italian ( no grana padano or san marzano) but you are still paying $25 a pizza....

I'm sad because Edmonton doesn't have many other great options.... I would probably rather have Pizza Hut than this. At least I won't feel ripped off.

Date of visit: June 2017