“New Best Western Plus South Edmonton”

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alberta
“New Best Western Plus South Edmonton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

New Best Western on the South Side of Edmonton. Room was spotless. Desk staff very helpful. For anyone with a family the pool has a waterslide. Breakfast 6-9:30 everyday. They had different eggs and meat for the two days we were there. There is still construction debris but there is more than one hotel being built in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Mandy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear lobstick01,

What a compliment! Thank you so much for your review. It's nice to hear that guests still think we are brand new. Our hotel has been opened since the end of 2009 but as you noticed we strive to keep our propery updated and properly maintained.

We understand that travellers are looking for fresh, clean, friendly properties and in order to keep us on the top of the list for travellers choice we will continue to use feedback from guests like you and others to ensure this continues.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best Western Plus South Edmonton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Olds, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our family has stayed at this hotel around 6 times in the last 18 months and have never had a bad experience. The staff is friendly, helpful and the fact that you get a full breakfast every morning is a bonus! The rooms have always been clean, and the whole feel of the hotel seems very quiet and well taken care of. We will most certainly come here again, the location is perfect close to food & shopping in the south and extremely easy access to A.H. Drive.... which take you everywhere!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Larissa,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review. I am happy to hear that every time you come you get consistant service and are still happy with our hotel. We truely value guests like you who continue to choose us over all the competition in the area.

Seeing a regular customer return over and over is definitely a bonus for us as well and every day we get more and more regulars just like you! No matter what you are travelling for, where you work, who you meet, it's always nice to see a familiar face!

Thank you for choosing us again and again.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is only a few years old so the rooms all look brand new! very modern, clean, and nice. excellent service from staff. quick and easy check in, check out. we had a king Jacuzzi suite which was excellent. beds were comfy. good gym and good pool. great location. many places to eat near by, fast or dine in. only thing that would make this hotel perfect for me is making there breakfast go later than 9:30am.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear shayrez,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just want to say that we are considering changing out breakfast hours on the weekend to accomodate our guests that like to relax on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Be sure to check with our agents next time you visit!

I do also agree with your statement about our beds, every chance I get to sleep at our hotel I look forward to getting a great night sleep, I am glad you had one as well.

See you soon.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Very accommodating, spacious rooms, very clean rooms. We had a great stay and would come again in a minute.

Room Tip: If u need handicap rooms they are fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sheena,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor! We are all very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate hearing it!

See you again real soon!

alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and each time it does NOT disappoint! The rooms are beautiful, and the beds are comfortable! My inlaws are in Edmonton and I have stayed at so many hotels in Edmonton over the years it is crazy! I consider this one a gem... so much so I have been hesitant to write a review as I don't want others to know about how awesome this hotel is!! LOL (I wanted to keep it my little secret!)

The breakfast in the morning is one of the best ever! Lots of variety and they stay on top of all the food to keep the hot food fresh!

I absolutely love the pool! My daughter loves the waterslide, and has such a blast! She could spend hours in there!

On our last visit our daughter (4) left her most prized blanket ever in the hotel room! We were all the way home to Calgary before we noticed. I called the hotel, and they had found the blanket on the bed, and at their expense they Fed Ex'd the blanket to me in Calgary!! That is what I call service, and the reason I feel I have to let others know about this hotel, and their incredible service! I will be staying here again, and I will refer others!

You will not be disappointed with this one!

Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/AmandaEvansCC

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank canada134
Mandy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Canada134,

Thanks so much for your great review! We really appreciate it. Our staff has been working hard to ensure the best customer service and everyday we are told, keep up the good work!

It's great to hear that every time you come you enjoy your stay and it's because of guests like you we are ALMOST #1 in the city. :) We would not be as busy or successful without repeat loyal guests and look foward to seeing you again real soon!

Have a great day
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I recently stayed here with my spouse and our three children. We had a business suite, with two queen beds and a pull out couch. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The bathroom was a bit small, but so is the bathroom at home! The beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was quiet with only a bit of noise from the highway out front. My children loved the pool and waterside, and we all enjoyed the options at breakfast. Overall, a great spot to stay to see some sights around Edmonton, and do a bit of shopping too. Only complaints are that the coffee is pretty weak, and that they had a hard time staying on top of towels for the pool. Pretty minor issues if you ask me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NorthernMum74
Mandy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear NorthernMum74,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks! Our two queen business suite is very popular with families. The spacious two queen bedroom with pullout couch, fridges, microwaves and coffee makers provides most of the amenites a family would need. We try our best to ensure that when our guests visit, it is like a home away from home and I am happy to hear we hit the mark with you.

I look forward to seeing you again!
Happy Leap Year

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. It is a great place to stay when needing a rest. The rooms are clean and well laid out. The breakfast is a good (not great) start to the day and the fitness area is decent enough. Not sure of the pool as every time we have gone it has been full of kids...and the pool is not big.

We booked a jacuzzi suite which was a spacious room. We both fit in the tub but thankfully the misses is small as it would not fit most couples. Also the hot tap was off and needed to be tightened back on. No-one at the hotel to fault as the tap looks fine. The hotel needed to be informed.

Location is close to the highway, Edmonton's so-called outlet mall, Superstore and Walmart etc...

Some great restaurants nearby too.

All-in-all...a great place to stay and far cheaper than the hotels surrounding it. I will be back.

Room Tip: Not sure...always booked the jacuzzi suite so it has been on the back corner of the hotel facing the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear KIWIBOYCalgary,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Edmonton. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as many travellers use this site to decide whether to stay with us! Everytime we get reviews like yours it makes us more proud and pushes us to continue to provide the best customer service.

Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.