I stayed at this hotel for a day (Thursday) in March. I chose this location because it's close to the LRT stations and in the downtown area. The entrance of the hotel is in the downtown mall. The front desk staffs are courteous during my entire stay there.
I got a king-sized bedroom on the 5th floor right by the elevator and the window faces the mall. It was obvious that the room was quite old and hasn't been furnished for a while (or at least it doesn't look like it had been renovated...). Basically, other than the bathroom counter in the room, everything looks really old. The chair by the desk had lots of stains in it, so I didn't even bother sitting in it. I spotted a few stains (hopefully they are just coffee stains) on the bedsheets. The plug to the bathroom tub didn't work so wasn't able to check out the jet tub. But to be honest, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to use it since the tub looks so old and I'm a bit skeptical about it. The water pressure and the temperature of the water were all good, so I did get a decent shower after a long day.
Unfortunately on the night that I was there, they had issues with the TV channels (was told due to Shaw Cable) after 8:45pm...I was stuck with having nothing to do when I waited till 9:15pm (and the mall was already closed)...so I headed straight to bed. The bed was really comfortable though. I had a bit of noise issue...at around midnight, or may be it was 11pm, people must have just gotten out of the movie theatre just 2 floors below my room in the hoel...there were a few rowdy groups that woke me up...then around 1am, I had a group of people chatting outside my room that woke me once again...I guess you can't really control the people coming out of the theatre, but getting a room farther away from the elevators is always a much better idea to avoid having noise issues.
PROS : Convenient location (mall access, LRT stations, coffee shops - Starbucks, Second Cup, Tim Hortons are all within 5 min walk from hotel), Comfortable beds, Courteous staffs
CONS: Stained chairs, carpets & bedsheets, old bathtub, unstable TV connections (can't really blame the hotel if it's really Shaw Cable's fault), noise issue from movie theatre in the mall if room faces the inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 7 minutes from everything…The Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is ideally located in the heart of downtown Edmonton within the City Centre Shopping Mall. Featuring pedway connections to the subway, 2 other shopping centres, the Shaw Conference Centre and 17 office towers the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is just 7 minutes from everything. Just steps away from Sir Winston Churchill Square, City Hall and the heart of the Arts District we are right next door to internationally recognized festivals such as the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, Jazz Festival, Street Performers Festival, and Taste of Edmonton. If festivals are not your thing, the same area boasts cultural locations such as the Alberta Art Gallery, Winspear Theatre and Citadel Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Edmonton Centre Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Delta
- Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites Alberta