“Very good, quite convenient, Vaue”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 27 September 2010

It was clean, upgraded to 1 BDRM, 2 Flat screens, but the service was next to impeccable. Built into a mall with all you need and everything inn the city, like Hospitals very close by.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Not sure exactly what I expected.......I guess a really nice Delta Hotel that was supposed to be one of the tops in Edmonton.
Same thing as others - my room faced the inside of the mall ???????? I kept my curtains closed the whole time and felt like I was in a basement for two days... I was in a suite but it felt really chopped up and stuff.......just did not feel cozy.
The bathtub area was in a dire need of replacement.......I mean dire need !!!

Restaurant was good and service and welcome was excellent so I can't fault it for that.
Casino was really close if you wanted to that for entertainment.

All in all was a little let down on this property. Probably would not stay their again if it was my choice.....

Like one of the other reviewer said.....it would be nice to open up the curtains in the morning and let some sunshine in or something.......it just really felt dull and dark with no character.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback regarding our property.

We have been undergoing numerous upgrades the past couple of years and leading into 2011 that we hope will add to the betterment of our guests experiences with us.

I would recommend should you choose to stay with us again to open the curtains as there is a massive skylight in the middle of the mall that does let quite a bit of natural light into our rooms or you could request one of our outside facing rooms for a similar feel.

We hope that you will give us a second opportunity and we wish you all the best.

Steven Walton

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by my room when I entered, but then was in for a bigger shock when I found out my view was the inside of a mall... I guess I should have read a little bit more about where I was staying. I guess I'm someone who really likes looking outside and it was just weird to be looking at the mall. Outside of this personal issue, the hotel was nice, well maintained. The hotel is in Downtown Edmonton - I was given this as an option that was close to the U of A campus. Anyone who knows Edmonton would know that there are lots of other options significantly closer - but I'd never really been. The staff weren't familiar with the train, but did figure it out for me and provided me with a map. Unfortunately they gave me an option that didn't feel safe and had many dark corners -wasn't much fun to walk alone twice a day for a week. I ended up finding a different route to avoid this issue.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate our guest’s reviews as it assists us to improve our quality of service. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with your guestroom. We do have rooms facing inside the City Centre Mall and we also have rooms facing outside the hotel. Please don’t hesitate to let our reservation agent know of your preference so we can accommodate accordingly.

Our staff are very quick to offer maps and directions to places of interest but I do agree that sometimes in a large city, surrounding can be overwhelming.

Look forward to having you stay with us again.

Rosalie Hallee
Revenue Manager & Reservation Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2010

Things you wouldnt notice at a quick glance dropping your bags off and running to the mall for a quick shop, then returning to have a relaxing hour or two before dinner will really change your opinion in the first 5 minutes of laying down gazing about the room. Our mirror had hand prints, streaks and dust on the reflection, the drapes had visible dirt smudged about. The toilet had the previous guests waste still at the bottom of it and the top of the television looked as if it had months old grime. Also by the door has some sort of red substance embedded in the carpet... blood?, dog hair on the beds.... gross; the walls have disgusting dirty hand prints. Don't let me forget when trying to sleep our fan made a non-stop broken clicking sound. Our time here was certainly unsatisfying and next time in Edmonton we will bring our very deserving money else where.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank swwwwwwww

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for the state of your room. It is definately not our standard and I have shared you comments with our executive housekeeper.

We will certainly look into this and will take any steps required to ensure that this experience is not repeated.

Steven Walton

Reviewed 7 August 2010

We got a great deal but we won't stay here until the rooms get renovated. The rooms are huge and have a modern feel, but they are in need of renovations.

The bathtub was so dirty when I rubbed the side of the tub the build-up peeled off...can we say gross. I called down and asked if the tub could be cleaned while we went out shopping but when we came back it was the same. I think they are just doing a wipe down instead of a scrub. The tubs are so old you think it's just the tub, but it's not, because I picked up some cleaner while I was out and cleaned it myself...smooth and shiny.

The beds aren't very comfortable, but it was very quiet. And the restaurant can offer gluten free meal options.

Overall I would prefer to stay at the Sutton Place, Holiday Inn Express or Westin.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

I was disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, in regards to your room condition and the tub. This has been reviewed with our Executive Housekeeper.

As for the gluten free menu option, our food and beverage Director and the Chef are aware of your inquiry and will certainly take this in consideration.

Rosalie Hallee
Revenue Manager & Reservation Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2010

My room was huge and nicely appointed, the staff was all very courteous and professional ... there is really nothing I could say was negative as far as my experience.

The only thing I was not fond of was the outside entrance. It's a bit grungy and needs an update, but otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in DT Edmonton!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2010

Thank you for sharing all these great comments with us. We do hear from several of our guests that our rooms are very spacious. We truly appreciate our guest’s reviews as it assists us to improve our quality of service and were glad to hear that you were pleased with the staff at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel,

Look forward to having you stay with us again,

Reviewed 8 May 2010

I work for a large fashion company and travel a great deal quite often with staff. We stay at the Delta Center Suites every year once in March and once the first weekend in May. This time we arrived April 30st.

First of all a huge thank you goes out to Steve and Andrea who dealt with the many changes and add ons that I had to do as a result from my staff. Honestly Andrea and Steve you two have the patience of saints and I thank you very much. :)

When I arrive Judi at the front desk is always quick to exclaim, "Jodi, welcome home" for the amount I travel it is so nice to hear a friendly voice who is indeed glad to see us.and I look forward to seeing her and the rest of the front desk staff, truly this is the hotel I am HAPPY to return to because I feel like I am kinda at home.
Rooms are large and very clean, my staff and I always comment about how comfortable the beds are......for me, I have the worst sleeps away from home but truly the beds at this Delta ...well....they feel like my bed and I have the best sleeps on all of my travels.
As imagined we tend to order a ot of room service after working 10-14 hours days prepping for show and room service is always spot on.Quick friendly and the food arrives hot and tasty!

Coffee in morning, on the weekends I have to go to Cocoas at 6:30
to get that first cup (never been charged for it but have at other Deltas across Canada, not sure why??? But wish the other Deltas would do the same, pleaseremember tip the server, free coffee and all :) ) to wake me up but Monday morning they have it in the lobby???? Not sure why this is???

Anyhow this Delta is lovely.....yes the homeless can be a little daunting but the Delta staff and hotel more then makes up for this.....Oh and the restaurant Letzia, in the mall a few feet away from the Delta , totally rocks when one has enough energy to muster an actual sit down dinner that requires more then lifting one's hotel phone and weakly muttering, I need food and wine" the the room service staff. ;D

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank quincytoo
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Thank you for sharing all these great comments with us. Your comments mean a lot to us as we are always striving to give the best service available at the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and your team again next year,