New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Edmonton
Martensville
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

There is a reason that this hotel is rated #1 on Trip Advisor - the service and the quality of the stay are exceptional. There's a beautiful modern lobby/restaurant/business area, and we were quickly greeted by their friendly staff. At check-in I was impressed when the clerk stepped out from behind his desk to hand me the room key and gave me a brief tour of the facility to point out the amenities. The rooms itself was a good size; well thought out and tastefully funished. I can honestly say that over our 2 day visit, we never heard a single person in the hallways or in the rooms on either side of us - which is absolutely unheard of as the hotel was very busy (based on the amount of vehicles in the parking lot and the number of people in the lobby and restaurant). It was SO QUIET in this room, I still can't believe it - the sound proofing was amazing!
There's a new 'big box' type development right across the street, with a Walmart, Tim Hortons and many smaller fast-food type places. It's also only a few minutes drive from West Edmonton Mall. This will now be my hotel-of-choice when visiting Edmonton :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TracyCMartensville
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent excellent experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Edmonton West.

I’m delighted to hear that you received a “warm greeting” and that “my team made sure that everything was taken care of”. I am blessed to have a fantastic team that takes great pride in their work and their spirit to serve attitude.

We are delighted to hear that our hotel will be your first choice when visiting Edmonton and I thank you for being our loyal guest.

Perry Felsinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Joussard, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

When my husband and I travel to Edmonton we always stay at either a Hampton, Hilton or Marriott. This was our first stay at this hotel and I will definitely book here again for our next visit. From the friendly service to the decor and level of extreme cleanliness, this was one of our best stays ever. We heard nothing from inside our room- no doors slamming or people talking, etc. so our sleep was amazing. NOTE: we had just returned from a trip to Vegas where we had stayed at the Four Seasons and the Courtyard Marriott was on par with it. It really has a 5 star feel. Great place.

Room Tip: We had a room on the highest floor and it was just perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joussardines
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Edmonton West from March 18 to 24, 2012 and couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. As someone who travels constantly for work this was definitely one of the better places, and quite possibly one of the best rooms. The room design had a lot of thought and detail put into it, with plenty of lighting, storage, comfortable seating for guests and no fee or password to use the speedy internet connection. Bathrooms were spacious, and the shower had great water pressure. Beds were extremely comfortable, with crisp white linens...I slept better here than I normally do at home. Staff were very courteous and friendly, and the desk staff always addressed me by name each time I passed through the lobby. The restaurant/lounge in the lobby is a very pleasant area to have a meal (great food!) or drinks (great service!). It's a small enough and new enough hotel that evidence of the little touches that make a stay pleasant were everywhere. The hotel is also in an area with plenty of good restaurants, as well a large block mall for amenities (Safeway, Best Buy etc). If I pass through West Edmonton again I would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank Sonia L
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent wonderful experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I have shared your comments with our team members and recognized their efforts in providing you with an excellent experience.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and & we look forward to welcoming you back in providing you with an excellent experience.

Yours in Hospitality

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here for a leisure weekend trip to Edmonton and we made the right choice. This hotel is just over a year old and everything was spanking new and well-maintained.

Special thanks to front desk person, Charles for helping with the early check-in, as we arrived slightly early and I wanted to settle my kids in comfortably. I think he made us feel like we're in the Four Seasons!

Room with king-size bed is spacious and neat - modern design and functional. Very good soundproofing, I can't hear any 'noisy kids' or people talking in hallways, I can't hear people slamming doors... none of that at all ! Fabulous! Bed is very comfy... reminds me of the "heavenly bed" from the higher-end westins. As for the TV, it has all the HD channels...!! yay!

We chose the option that came with breakfast, very nice indeed.... Made-to-order from the breakfast menu and served with Starbucks coffee. The little cafe even had Wedgwood flatware - amazing! It's all the little details that I notice and love about this hotel.

The lobby is modern and welcoming, with a touch-screen info TV. Very helpful to get a printout of nearby restaurants and places of interests.

Parking is free and the hotel is located in a very convenient location... plenty of shopping, restaurants, few minutes from West Edmonton Mall.

I will stay here again and looking forward for my next Edmonton trip!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SundayRose
Dear Valued Guest:

Our associates were delighted to hear the positive impact they had made in making your stay a memorable one. The team at the Courtyard Edmonton West take great pride of their work and focus on the details by anticipating our guests’ needs. Thank you for noticing and recognizing their spirit to serve efforts.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and we look forward to your visit.

Yours in Hospitality

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This hotel is very nice, the rooms are great and overall very clean, but I do have one major complaint; there are kids running around the hotel everywhere. While I know this is near the mall, I wish hotel management would push to have kids in the lobby and pool area only with parents. While I was in the gym kids came in sopping wet from the pool and hopped on the treadmills. I then came out to see them playing on the computers. All without parents and the front desk didn't seem concerned.

One other small complaint is there is no sanitizing solution/wipes in the gym. While the equipment is new and clean now, if no one wipes them down they will get grimy fast.

Again, overall a nice place, but with a few changes it would be top notch.

1 Thank DenverCO303
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. Although it is never pleasant to hear of any issues on the part of our guests, this feedback does allow us to discover shortcomings and make improvements.

I apologize for our failure to provide the level of comfort and surrounding you expect and deserve. We have a strict hotel policy on noise disturbance, use of pool, gym and we rely on the parents of the kids to take ownership to enforce the rules that are communicated at check-in. The hotel takes extra steps to ensure that every guest have an overall excellent experience and we rely on the parents partnership to assist us in our efforts in guiding their kids to respect and not inconvenience the rest of our guests. We will certainly re-evaluate our process to ensure that in your next visit, you will notice a remarkable improvement in this area.

Thank you for commenting on the sanitizing wipes and although it is available in our Gym, it could have being easily missed by anyone due to the lost signage, and it’s now being replaced.

I also appreciate you taking the time to recognize our great product & hotel. Your comments certainly made my team proud of their continue efforts on achieving excellence.

We at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West pride ourselves in guest satisfaction and we care about each every patron. Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments, I look forward to welcoming you back to my hotel..

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

For this level of hotel it would be hard to beat the Courtyard at Edmonton West.

My visit was for 2 nights mid-week on business with a counterpart in separate rooms.

The welcome was excellent, with a very efficient check-in and also a swift introduction to the hotels layout and facilities.

Both our rooms were clean, spacious and had lots of light - they would each easily have dealt with a family of 4 for a brief stay. My bed was very comfortable.

The gym facilities were good with a sunlit spacious room and a reasonable choice of cv machines and a small free weight/exercise area. The pool was excellent, and had a good tiled hot tub.

The dining area was great and the evening meals that we ate there were genuinely excellent. The service was excellent and the choice of meals was just what we needed - not burger and fries, but good imaginative well prepared and tasty food. The full Starbucks service and a good choice of wines and beers made the dining experience all the more enjoyable. If I had a criticism, it is that in the evening they could tone down the lighting. The dining area serves for all meals and as part of the general meeting area, so it is a difficult balance to strike, but I'm sure something could be done.

A great stay, and I will certainly be returning. My travel companion normally stays where the business travel agent sends him, and he was gobsmacked by how good this hotel was. I think his eyes were opened to selecting better hotels by this Courtyard, which is definitely at the top of the game in this segment and area.

2 Thank pzfus
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and our associates were standing proud when I read your comments to them at our daily meeting.

Our Courtyard refreshing team takes great pride in their product, process and culture in providing an exceptional experience to all our guests. The team was delighted to hear that you were able to benefit from our well-appointed features in our hotel. The hotel is designed for the business traveler and our leisure guest in mind by providing many signature elements in the lobby, enhanced technology features, contemporary design and amenities that create a healthy balance between working and relaxing. We were extremely pleased that we were able to make your stay a relaxing experience with all of our hotel features.

We are delighted to hear that you and your travel companion intend on returning back to our fine hotel and our associates look forward to providing you and your guests with another excellent experience.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I booked a two night stay at this hotel for a recent business trip. Although located away from the city centre, it is close to major roadways and many amenities making it convenient for the business and casual regional travellers alike.
The service at the front desk was top-notch, a note-worthy mention from my stay - very personable and friendly staff! The room was spacious and tastefully decorated; I appreciated the attention to detail with the decor. Probably the first hotel room I've stayed in with printed wallpaper, let alone one that was very eye-appealing.
All in all, a really great hotel where I was able to experience a quality stay at a very reasonable price. The efforts on the part of the staff and management really shine here and can be attested to by the positive reviews from other guests.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shutterbug17
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. The Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West team was glad to hear that we provided you with an excellent experience that you expect and deserve.

I am delighted to read that your arrival and front desk experience was an excellent one. The team takes great pride in connecting with our guests and having fun in creating memorable experiences. Since our hotel opening on January 9th 2011, the team has worked hard to create a service culture that is consistent in meeting our guest needs. Thank you for recognizing their passion for excellence.

I would also like to thank you for commenting on the service of our staff. I am blessed to have a fantastic team at the Courtyard and their spirit to serve goes above and beyond the call of duty.

We truly appreciate your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.