“Surprisingly good value, friendly, great atomosphere!”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 5 June 2012

From the moment I phoned to book the room for the seminar I was taking, I had great service. When I arrived, they did a quick tour & showed off the amenities. The restaurant was right in the lobby. Everyone was HAPPY & would bend over backwards to help.

I will stay here again if I need west end. It was really great, new, clean & modern.

Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor & enjoyed it. Hair dryer is in the closet!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel! I am going to share your comments with the team and I know they will be as pleased as I am.

We appreciate your decision to stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Our pleasant stay at The Courtyard at Edmonton West commenced with an excellent check in experience at reception. It's worth noting that every encounter we had with the hotel peronnel was a pleasing experience. They were very obliging and took time to help us with local directions.
Our room (number 409) was spacious and had a modern clean feel. Adequate storage and amenities, although an in room safe would be nice. Nice bathroom with adequate space too. We both knew our stay was going to be comfortable the moment we walked into our room. It just had that X Factor feel.
Breakfast was very good at the downstairs restaurant area. This too has a modern, open plan design. Good breakfast selection and again the service was top notch and pleasant.
The hotel is well located to visit the Edmonton Mall which was a "must do" for us. It was only about a 5 minute drive to the Mall without having to negotiate any city traffic delays.
Our only regret is that our stay was too short. Another night would have been nice before we set off for Jasper and the Rockies.
We confidently recommend this hotel as a top place to stay.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Good Day;

On behalf of everyne, let me thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to post this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our Associates were able to take good care of you.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had a slight problem at check-in. Staff at Mariott's 1-800 number badly miss-spelled my name. Front desk staff found my reservation in a few minutes and spent the next two days greeting me by name and checking to make sure that the rest of my stay was perfect. It was.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make up for the miss-spelling. Everyone at the hotel was smiling when I shared your feedback with the team.

I sincerely hope we get a chance to welcome you back the next time you visit Edmonton.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

After having problems with my online reservation the front desk staff were more then accommodating to figure out the problem and get my room. I stayed in the 2 queen need standard room which was spacious and very clean, with a standard bathroom. The room also had modern decor. Breakfast in the little restaurant was good with good sized portions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012

Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay at Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I apologize for any issues encountered with your online reservation and I also want to thank you for your taking the time to post such a generous review. We are all truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We certainly hope to get the chance to serve you again the next time you are in Edmonton!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel is stellar. It’s brand new and is in great condition. The décor is tastefully appointed and had such a nice feel. The room was large and extremely clean with a separate sitting area with a sofa. It was equipped with all of the essentials and had a mini fridge, coffee maker, iron, etc. The restaurant was tasty and had a nice “chill out” area with a comfortable seating and TV for a solo traveler. There was lots of plug in service for the cold winter days. This was a nice retreat and a refreshing stay from the “typical” chain hotel a traveler would stay at.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Good Day;

Thank you so much for such wonderful feedback! Marriott has done a wonderful job of creating a refreshing environment for business and leisure travellers and we are so proud of our hotel.

I hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We love this hotel! All the staff members were friendly and had conversations with us. The rooms were modern and very clean. The location is conveniently located close to the Edmonton Mall. We highly recommend staying here! Breakfast isn't free, but they brew Starbucks and have a delicious menu.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Good Day;

We love you too! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our Associates made a positive impression on you. The team will be thrilled with your comments and I will make sure that I share them with everyone.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we get to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because of the great reviews. Hotel was conveniently located to West Edmonton Mall. Lobby and rooms were impressive. Room size was adequate and decor was modern. However, beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012