“Very nice stay”

Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Hamilton Ontario
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I always enjoy my stay at Holiday Inn downtown when I am in Edmonton once a year, but this year I enjoy my stay even more!!! I Love Holiday Inn new beds!!! I had a great sleep each and every night.
I look forward to returning next year!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kittycat1979
KentM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your great comment, I appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is passed onto the staff who work very hard to give all our guests the best experience during thier stay.
We are very pleased you enjoyed your sleep and i hope you had time to have our full hot breakfast.
We look forward to serving you next year!
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

excellent service at Front Desk; very clean room; professional and VERY friendly staff; excellent meal support in Breakfast nook;

Room Tip: very quiet in all areas; good soundproofing from downtown traffic; offers support for "green&qu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Harry K
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights over Christmas. Having not already decided where to stay our pot luck choice turned out to be a good one, from check in to check out all the staff were very friendly, informative and helpful.
The rooms were well presented with everything required including free internet, the balcony had a nice city view and the large comfy bed was perfect.
This was my first visit to Edmonton and this hotel was in a good location for driving in and out of the city easily, plus it was no problem to walk to the malls, restaurants and bars downtown.
Breakfast wasn't anything too fancy, just good quality and plenty available with great staff on hand if needed.
All in all a very pleasant stay in a hotel i wouldn't of normally chosen but certainly will in future if they are all this good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrewidle
Thank you for your kind comment and I hope you and your family had a great Christmas. I will ensure your comment will be passed onto our team.
Our location, hot breakfast, free WiFi, clean and comfortable rooms make any long term guest happy with thier stay, I am pleased we have done this for you.
We hope we are still in your mind for your next vist to Edmonton no matter what the trip is for and we look forward to seeing you again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Usually, there's always some fault with any hotel in a mid-price range. I was pleased with this hotel though. While location is not the best out there, the hospitality made up for it. Room was clean and furnishings showed little sign of wear. Breakfast was tolerable - always room for improvement in that area. Kudos to Kisha (very pleasant and friendly girl) the front desk attendant. When a nearby restaurant forgot to provide me disposable cutlery, she went the extra mile and got some for me from the kitchen. Made all the difference between eating soup with my hand vs enjoying it! Will recommend this hotel. December stay, 8th floor king exec. *SQM*

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Triniyyc
Thank you so much for your comment during your stay in December, I will ensure your comment reaches our team members. Kisha is an excellent addition to our front desk team as are all our staff who go above and beyond when the need arises.
I'm pleased you took advantage of our free hot breakfast, however, I so sorry our location was not the best for you.
We look forward to your recommendations and hopefully we will see you on your next visit.
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The Holiday Express Downtown Edmonton is located less than one block from the office building where I was taking a course for 4 days. It's a70s vintage hotel that has undergone upgrades in the past few years. Rooms were comfortable and mine included a balcony, and while the elevator cabs are small, there was two of them. The Holiday Inn has a breakfast bar that I was able to take advantage of on the run. This included hot and cold breakfast and was a nice added bonus. I arrived on a Wednesday and was treated to a drink by the GM as he had a social evening. Also, another great bonus. Room pricing was right in line with other like hotels downtown. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Join Holiday Inns frequent traveler club. This was acknowledged on check in and I received a nice go...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mrhooie
Thank you for taking your time for your great review, I will ensure your comments are forwarded to all of our team.
We have a number of guests who stay with us for our great location which are closed to Corporate, Government and Medical businesses.
We are very pleased you had joined us for the Wednesday Night Reception held every week. It gives us the opportunity to meet with you and know more about the people we serve as this is very important to us.
We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Edmonton.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Have stayed at this hotel in downtown Edmonton many times. Very friendly and courteous front desk staff. Easy check-in, access to taxis (for trips to airport). Hotel is very clean and well taken care of. One of the most important things for me is a clean, comfortable bed, and that is what you get here. Beds are extremely comfortable (you get choice of 2 "firm" and 2 "soft" pillows on each bed). 1 block away from Jasper Avenue, walking distance to city centre, 2 grocery stores (Sobeys, Save-on). Each room contains refrigerator and microwave. Just a few blocks walk to 2 Starbucks locations. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: The '01' rooms near the elevator are the quietest. The elevator noise never bothered me. The...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom H
Thank you for your generous comment, I will ensure this is forwarded to our team. We have many loyal guests who call our hotel "Home away from home" and i am pleased you are one of them.
I so pleased you had a great night sleep and we have many positive comments regarding our pillows and bedding.
Thank you so much for the "Tip" regarding the '01 rooms and while noise may sometimes be an issue, the elevator rooms are not recommended for light sleepers. We love it when the guests adds comments to thier reservations letting us know they need quiet rooms.
We look forward to serving you again.
calgary, alberta
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed for one night at this hotel. When we tried to check in at 2:00 pm our room was not ready. We were able to leave our luggage in a secure room and left for a couple of hours. Upon our return, we were asked if we would like a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite. Naturally we accepted. The room was fine - clean and spacious with a mini fridge and microwave. However, it was opposite the elevators and adjacent to the ice and soft drink machines. The air conditioning was also very noisy and there was no view as the room looked out on a roof. The constant clonking of ice and cans combined with people chatting at the elevators and the sporadic grumbling of the A/C was not conducive to a good night's sleep.

The breakfast was good - plenty of choices and the staff were pleasant but I would think twice about accepting an upgrade in future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple