New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Edmonton Downtown

Days Inn Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #60 of 95 Hotels in Edmonton
Regina
“Recent Reno's make this downtown hotel, a hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Days Inn Downtown sure has changed from the first time I stayed there, back in 2000. It was economical then and a little rundown. But now, the lobby is very modern and comfortable, rooms are very clean... this just shows with the right management, a hotel can change for the better. It is close to everything downtown (restaurants, clubs, LRT, and of course Tim Horton's).

This past trip in June 2011, I brought my wife, daughter and 8 year old grandson, the double queen room was spacious, and clean. Perfect stay at the end of some long days at the West Edmonton Mall. Beds were comfortable. My grandson was ill in the middle of the night (too much chlorine from the water park ; ) ) We asked for some cleaning supplies to clean up... but, the night manager moved us to another room, we didn't have to ask... and that kind of customer service is what makes the difference between good and exceptional.

With free parking and security, this has quickly become my favorite hotel for overnights in Edmonton... and only $99 a night to boot!

Thank you Days Inn Downtown... I almost hate to post this, because this hotel won't be my secret anymore! ; )

Room Tip: I booked using hotels.com, so, we have never had a room we didn't like.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
didowntown, Management at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
We were glad to hear that your grandson recovered rapidly and it was nothing of serious concern. Days Inn Edmonton Downtown has been under new ownership and management since 2007. We truly appreciate that you noticed the changes and improvements done to the property. Our commitment to our guests is to give friendly, courteous service as well as a comfortable room where our guests can rest after a full day. Thank-you for your positive review and we look forward to seein you and your family soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great location and good price. Free parking, small gym, and restaurant on site. We had breakfast and it was good. You get what you pay for and the hotel was pretty much what I expected. This was a one night stop on the way to Calgary and it did the trick.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to have been of service to you during your stay in Edmonton. By having our valued guests comment on our property, we are able to improve day by day in order to satisfy our guests' needs. We hope you stay with us again.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Wow what a change to the other Days Inn. This place has professional staff and always willing to assist. Clean room and building. Sean was excellent and i would reccommend this Days Inn if you are looking for a value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodation at an affordable price. Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our property. We look forward for the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you once again soon.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn last November. There was a mixup with my room. Staff promptly upgraded my room at the same rate I had reserved my room for. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The room was clean. I know the hotel was cleaned on a constant basis. Nice to know it was clean, but I hated hearing vacuums going very early and very late. The noise kept me up and/or woke me up. I lost electricity one morning when drying my hair.That is when I discovered the phone in my room did not work. Looking out the door, sure enough housekeeping was cleaning away and they called the front desk for me from another room. I mentioned the noise to housekeeping, but never the front desk.

The parking garage is tight. I did not have any problems with people breaking in to my car, but was warned by front desk there was a problem with this in the area. They gave me a sign indicating all valuables were taken out of the car, to put in my window.

They have a written policy that if you are unhappy with something during your stay, you complain and it isn't fixed, you don't pay for your stay. That is not true. I complained about the phone. I complained about the noise. I paid the full price for my room. Eventually I was given a small refund.

All of that being said, I would still stay here again. The price is right and it is in a very convenient location. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Next time, I would ask for a room further away from housekeeping's closet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for choosing Days Inn Edmonton Downtown for your stay. I have forwarded your observations to the Housekeeping Department in order to keep up whith the quality of their work without inconveniencing any of our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Edmonton.
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

It’s rare you find a hotel in such a central location in a major city for such a good rate. This Days Inn is ideally placed in the city centre, and is easy to find, with excellent free parking facilities. The rooms are spacious – which again isn’t always the case with City Centre properties. There is a Tim Horton’s very close by, next to the local metro station. The receptionist really gave the impression of being concerned her guests had a good stay, going the extra mile to remind some over exuberant guests of the need to respect their fellow guests.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are convenient for hotel parking
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. I have shared your kind comments with the staff. We take pride in the work we do and always appreciate it immensely when a guest notices. We hope to see you again some time soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I was surprised by the quality of this hotel. Trying to travel to a conference on a budget I chose one of the cheapest hotels in downtown not expecting much. However once I got there I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great. The two ladies at the front were always really nice and answered any questions I had. The rooms were clean and comfortable. You also get free wireless which is nice, and also free parking, although I didn't have a car.
The service at the restaurant was also really good, too bad they close at 7 so I had to go get dinner somewhere else.
The hotel is also very conveniently located, it's only about a block away from the train station and everything is pretty close. It's also in a nice part of downtown.
I definitely recommend it and will be going back if I'm ever back in Edmonton.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
didowntown, Management at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
All at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown thank-you for your positive comments regarding our property. Your words can only inspire us to serve you, and all of our valued guests even better. We have forwarded your observation regarding the restaurant's schedule for evaluation.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

The hotel itself is average. The decor is a bit dated and the fitness facilities are small and visible from the lobby.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and the fact that parking and internet are included is excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you very much for taking the time to comment on our property. We look forward to accommodating you again during your next visit to Edmonton.