“Great location”

Days Inn Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #71 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 13 November 2011

On my first trip to Edmonton I wanted a downtown hotel but always wanting to save my clients money on my expenses, I wanted something reasonably priced. That's not easy to do when you're staying at a downtown hotel, but it worked out great here at the Days Inn in downtown Edmonton.

The room worked good for me and the location was ideal. Free parking in the ramp was excellent too, that's a rare find. I didn't go down for the breakfast but instead went to a nearby Starbucks for my dark roast and breakfast wrap. My hotel room was clean and everything worked fine. It seemed a bit dark and could have used a remodeling, but as long as things are clean and they work and it's safe and in a good location, I'm happy with almost any hotel. I'd stay here again in a minute and I hope to be back in Edmonton again, it's a cool city and I only got to see a fraction of it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Nadia R, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Edmonton Downtown

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Room was clean but lacks amenities such as mini fridge, microwave. But since it is in downtown Edmonton, there were a lot good restaurants nearby. Fridge would have been nice though since there is a Sobey's fresh market a block away.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! As to the amenities in the rooms, we are in the midst of upgrading all of our rooms with refrigerators and microwaves. You are absolutely correct, there are lots of restaurants in the immediate area around the hotel, and our knowledgeable staff will always be glad to suggest a restaurant based on your taste. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Decent hotel for the cost. The rooms have all the basics without any issues, average quality but the staff was always very nice and helpful.
They also respected the "do not disturb" sign and would just slip a note under the door asking you to tell reception if you wanted your room cleaned. The times I ran into the cleaning staff in the hallways they would also ask if I needed more towels or the room straighten up. (I was keeping odd hours.)
The location is right downtown but not directly on a major road.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
didowntown, Management at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment on our property. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

An OK, lower priced hotel. Good location in downtown Edmonton. The parking garage had a fairly low height restriction... beware if you're driving something over-sized. The most annoying thing was the shower that alternated between very cold and very hot. Beds were average.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
didowntown, Management at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

We certainly appreciate your choosing Days Inn Edmonton Downtown for your accommodation. I have forwarded your observations to the maintenance department. We look forward to being a part of your future travel need. Thank-you.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night while traveling through Canada to Alaska. The front desk agent was nice and courteous. He even looked up money marts for us that were nearby so we could exchange our money to Canadian Dollars. The hallways and rooms are dated and not pleasing to the eye. The 1970's burnt orange color theme throughout was not appealing to the eye. The shower wasn't that great, low water pressure and the water temperature fluctuated between hot and cold. We had breakfast at the restaurant attached to the hotel as well. Our waitress was very friendly. Breakfast for the two of us was about $25.00. I'll most likely never be in Edmonton again, but if so I would probably stay here if I could get the room for $89 through Expedia like I did for this stay. Free Parking was a bonus as well!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank-you very much for taking the time to comment on our property and for allowing us to know where improvement is needed. Our goal is to provide excellent service and it is only through our guests' feedback that we will be able to achieve it. We sincerely hope that if you are back in Endmonton, you will give us the opportunity once again to accommodate you.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

There is ABSOLUTELY no customer service at this hotel.

I recently traveled to Edmonton to see a concert. We chose this hotel based on value and location. However, upon arrival we had quickly realized this was a bad choice.

As we were checking in, the front desk lady was extremely rude. Before I had even signed my registration card, we were informed of the hotel’s no noise policy. I understand the need for no noise after 9pm as this is a family hotel, however the tone in which we were informed of it was extremely disrespectful. The front desk agent continued to raise her voice and stated that ‘for any slight noise coming from our room, we WILL be escorted from the hotel, no questions asked.’ She went onto inform us that ‘the hotel staff will not hesitate to contact police if the need arose.’ I was then forced to sign their ‘no noise act’ before I could continue registration for my room.

Not only was I appalled by the transaction that just occurred I was also embarrassed. The front desk agent was speaking so loudly, that the other guests waiting to check in had clearly heard what was said to us, as if I did something wrong. As we were unloading our vehicle, I noticed that the family checking in behind us was not informed of their riot act.
If this is a ‘hotel policy’ then every guest checking in should be informed of this, not just the select people the front desk agents seek out. I am a grown adult and by no means do I need to be talked down too, much less yelled at by the staff without given a reason.

I work in a hotel, and I know that customer service is essential to running a successful business, and a must to ensure customer satisfaction. I was truly appalled by the way the staff had spoken to us, must less treated us upon our arrival. I would be able to justify their actions if we had given them reason (ie: noise) however, we haven’t even checked in yet. It is because of the staff, and the treatment we received that I will NEVER at this establishment again. When I asked to speak to a manager the morning of check out, I was simply told I couldn’t. No explanation was given, nor was I able to voice my complaint in person.

I strongly suggest the hotel make a policy of customer service, as it seemed to be none existent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank msmandie
didowntown, Management at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay at our property. The agent who checked you in has not yet finished the period of training. Our goal has always been to provide friendly and courteous service which requires diligent attention to detail and ongoing tranning of our personnel. We assure you that throughout future training we will emphasise the importance of proper customer care to make sure that all of our valued guests are treated with the respect they deserve. Our success can only be measured by our guest having a pleasant stay. We would like to thank-you for taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Edmonton Skyshuttle delivers you straight from the airport to the hotel ($18 single, $30 return for adults). Reception were very helpful upon my arrival supplying me with maps and advice on the local area.

I was allocated a king size guest room at a discounted rate. The room itself was huge. There was a massive king size bed, television, large fridge, sofa and a kitchen sink. The bathroom was good as the sink was outside making more room for the bath/shower and toilet. Albert’s Family Restaurant serves breakfast and the staff were very friendly whilst the food kept me going for most of the day. There was a treadmill, cross trainer and exercise bike in a small room near reception, but other people could see you as they came into the hotel, so you will be on show.

A few minor problems with the hotel were the ice machine being right outside my room which was at the end of the hall. It was quite noisy if someone wanted a lot of ice (even with the television on) but you get used to it quite quickly. Also, the top level of the car park is level with the bedroom window (on level 3). I had to keep the curtains drawn in case of prying eyes, but again, this is a minor issue considering how good value the room is.

Room Tip: Check the website for deals on rooms as savings can be had
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thank-you for your possitive and kind words regarding your stay at our Days Inn. We always appreciate it immensely when our guests notice the quality of our work. Will will look into the minor observations you mentioned and try to come up with effective solutions. We hope to see you again.