All reviews public library buffet restaurant front desk staff were very helpful room key stayed here for nights bed was comfortable odour upgrades microwave
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Avoid this house of bed bugs I only spent a night but I regret staying. I dint get much sleep coz of the noise and bed bugs. It was itching so bad I had to go th the closest Walmart at 7am to buy a new set of clothes coz mine get blood stains on it

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
rinnexpress, General Manager at Travelodge Edmonton East, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2015

I regret that your stay was not satisfactory. However, a thorough check of your room shown no evidence of any bed bugs. I do hope your next stay will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed October 21, 2015

Wouldn't stay here again unless the alternative was sleeping next to a dumpster and a nest of troublesome raccoons.
The counter clerk was frazzled and dealing with an irritated customer ahead of me. When it was our turn, it seemed as though I was being punished for booking with Expedia. Not only did I have to pay a damage deposit up-front, but a photocopy was made of both my and my roommate's photo ID. Maybe this is something this particular hotel does because they are in an awful neighborhood, but I've never seen this before. Rough neighborhoods don't bother you? BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! The restaurant staff tried to refuse my friends from using the washroom because we weren't customers. When I used it (and this is because we were arriving from a 5 hour drive and were waiting ages to check in), the restaurant staff were arguing loudly. We aren't even in our rooms yet.
The rooms were run down, showers barely intact, dirty walls, uncomfortable beds. Our friends staying across the hall got the nicer room (didn't book w/ Expedia) with laminate floors and nicer bedding. But one of them slipped and almost fell on the laminate.
We came back after our concert and were hassled by the clerk (a different one) and had to give all our names again. Probably the rough neighborhood again, I guess.The walls are virtually paper-thin. Carpet is thin and worn. I hate this place. I desperately hope there isn't some twist of fate where I end up having to stay there again.

Room Tip: Just don't.
1  Thank Lindsay D
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Upon arriving at this hotel, we realized it was in the ghetto of Edmonton! We checked in, very nice lady at the desk. After checking in I went to take a shower and realized there were no towels in the room, no face clothes or even a floor mat! I phoned housekeeping several times, no answer. Then I tried the front desk and after being on hold for 5 mins she picked up and advised housekeeping had gone home and she would run some towels to the room when she had a minute. She finally brought 2 towels for 4 women. She said could see if she had 1 more. So we had 3 towels and 5 face cloths now. In the shower there was a vent that had a cigarette smell coming through so it was like being in a smoking room even though it was a non smoking room. The shower had a high pitched sound every time it was on and there was no vent for the steam except the smoke hole in the wall in the shower. Room was hot but the ac worked and we had a fan that was plugged into several other things. Huge fire hazard I'm surprised there wasn't one. The bed had a long black hair in it not ours as I just pulled the sheet back and the mattresses were as hard as boards. The pillows were tiny kids pillows. I did check for bed bugs but did not see any. I wore shoes in the room as the carpet was gross. I would have left but we were there to have some fun and just needed a place for my head to rest for a few hours. We saw the same guy on the bike every time we came back, looked as though he was dealing drugs.
We did not eat the continental breakfast as I was to scared I might get sick. The wifi was good.
This place needs a complete makeover or be torn down. The title of the hotel should have a warning about where it's located. The one good thing was there was a Tim Hortons 1 min walk away.
Beware of this hotel, unless your looking for something cheap with no standards!

Reviewed October 14, 2015