All reviews downtown edmonton few minutes walk an extra night front desk staff were very helpful fridge and microwave lots of pillows spacious room street noise light sleeper yogurt bit dated breakfast included per day comfortable stay convenient location enjoyed my stay coffee maker
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

This is a great downtown option when staying in Edmonton. Rooms are basic, but clean and very comfortable. We never heard any noise from any other guests, but did get quite the fright when a bird flew into our window! Haha

Breakfast was quick and efficient. It was nice to have a few options other than just bacic toast and cereal. We both had trouble staying connected to the wifi but I have yet to stay in a hotel that has a great wifi connection.

Location is great! Walking distance to Rogers Place and many great restaurants. There is also a Shoppers Drug Mart and a 7-11 near by if you forget anything or want a quick snack. Parking is easily acceccible and ample. It does cost $10 per day but I was comfortable paying that knowing our vehicle was not on the street. The cost of parking was clearly outlined in our online booking.

However, the best thing about this place is its staff. We had requested an early check in and when we arrived, there was some confusion ablut our room rate. I had booked online through a third party booking site and the reservation cost I had confirmation for was less than what was in the computer. The manager on duty promptly corrected the problem and we were in our room in no time. In the evening, the night clerk was able to help me get online to print our boarding passes.

We will stay here again on any future trips to Edmonton.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CHRISTINE J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

We are in process of upgrading our WIFI service and the installations will be completed by December 20, 2017, after which we can assure that all our hotel guests will have access to better internet services.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Quick walking distance to Shaw Centre or Rogers Place. This was our 3rd stay here. It's nothing fancy but it's clean, close to all, breakfast in the morning and the Chinese Food is amazing! Parking is extra but still cheap since it is downtown Edmonton. Definitely will stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CHRISTINE J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Too much money for the room . Nothing to write home about. Only restaurant on site was chinesefood. Payed $15.00 a day for parking. Continental breakfast was good. Next time I would not stay downtown.

Room tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Marlene H
STEPHANIE H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Good Day Marlene,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Edmonton. We always encourage hearing from our guests and all feedback is helpful in moving forward to provide the best quality service possible to our guests.

I am very disappointed to know that you had to face this expense for parking during your stay. Unfortunately, parking is premium and very expensive in Downtown Edmonton. Our parking fee for one night is $10+ taxes per night and is currently the most affordable option for parking in the area.

Currently we have a 2 independently operated dining facilities at our Hotel, the P&L Chinese Restaurant as well as the Dockside Pub (which offers a menu). We are also just steps away from many dining options within the Downtown area. We hope to offer you more information on these facilities if you decide to stay with us again.

I encourage you to contact either myself or our General Manager directly so we could discuss your stay further.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Honestly, the hotel is all around pretty "meh". The interior is dated, the elevators are slow and rickety, and the amenities are sorely lacking (especially the closet of a fitness room, which consists of only three machines). That being said, it IS a budget hotel after all, so I can't really be too critical, but there certainly is some room for improvement on the basic facilities.

The location is good - very close to downtown, lots of restaurants and things nearby. The hotel is maybe one street away from the main downtown strip. The immediate area can be a little dodgy at night, but the hotel is quite secure since you need a key card to go anywhere besides the lobby, so no worries there. But during my stay there were still a couple of questionable characters causing scenes in the lobby (non-guests), so just be aware. Parking is available for $10 a day. There is ample car space for loading/unloading in the front of the hotel (unlike many downtown hotels).

The hotel lobby was a little dark and dingy, as was the elevator. The room itself was alright - it was a bit dated but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was also basic but it was spacious and clean, so no complaints there. There is free okay breakfast included - eggs, bacon, cereal, milk, juice, waffles you make yourself. Not bad, but not great.

What I will praise is the service I received from the hotel staff. The front desk clerk was apologetic to me for the delay at check-in (long line, not his fault), and kept thanking me for my patience. Even the housekeeping staff were very friendly and greeted me in the halls and elevators. I would give hotel ownership all the blame for the bad reviews here since it's really only the lackluster hotel facilities that bring the experience down.

I had a decent experience overall, but one thing that bothered me is that my bill for the room was slipped under my door in the early hours of the morning. This, I didn't understand - it felt a little like I was being pushed out of the room. Why not just present it to me at check-out??? I had meant to ask the clerk at check out about it but I was in a rush and forgot.

Unless you need to be close to downtown, I would recommend staying near the West Edmonton Mall instead. You get a much nicer hotel for the same price. I found that most tourists tend to stay in that area anyway.

SUMMARY: Staff are friendly and helpful, which made for a decent stay overall. However, hotel itself is very basic and in dire need of upgrades (not the staff's fault! Looking at you, ownership!). Price is higher than you would expect for a budget hotel, but that is because you are only paying for the good location.

Overall I'd rate the hotel a 2.9/5 stars, but I will add another star for the good service I received and taking into consideration that this is supposed to be a budget hotel.

Room tip: Don't choose a room facing the pool if you like quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank skilletos
STEPHANIE H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Good Day,

Thank you Skilletos for your review of our hotel, we always appreciate hearing from our guests and all feedback is helpful in moving us forward in the right direction when it comes to guest service.

I am extremely pleased to hear that our staff have met and exceeded your expectations, I will most certainly take the time to pass your comments to the staff as a reward for a job very much well done.

I agree that our Downtown location is one of our best features as it provides easy and quick access to all amenities and entertainment. As well, we were pleased that you appreciated the ample space in front of our hotel for your vehicle during check in. Due to our downtown location, unfortunately, we do have a diversity of individuals near the hotel. As our guests security and safety are our major priorities, our hotels front and back door, as well as the elevators, are key card accessible allowing only guests access to any guest areas. We do have licensed security guard on premises everyday from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. I hope this assists in reassuring you of any safety concerns if you decide to stay with us again.

In regards to your comments regarding your bill under the door the day of your departure. This is a standard service provided to all Choice Privileges members, and all Choice hotels, to provide a quick and easy check out. If you wish to not have this service, please feel free to let the Front Desk know upon check in during your next stay and we will be sure to accommodate your request. We apologize if this was an inconvenience for you during your stay.

We are very excited to share that we are in the process of major renovations to our guest rooms and the common areas and our senior management has an action plan in effect for more renovations in the coming months specially in installing new furniture in guest rooms, lobby renovations and other areas of the hotel. Once completed, I am sure that the finished product will be stunning and will surely exceed our guest expectations.

Please contact me, or our General Manager, directly if you are coming back to Edmonton and I will make sure to personally take care of your reservation by not only offering you the best rate but also a complimentary upgrade to one of our suites in response to your review.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The staff members were courteous and nice.

The bedsheets could certainly be thrown out and replaced, really scratchy. The parking lot was a mess, people double parking, not really the hotels fault though. The breakfast, was, well free, cold eggs and bacon that didn't taste like bacon

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Edmonton.

I love to hear how the staff take care of our guests and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff as a reward for their good work.

We're very sorry to hear you experienced many issues during your stay. Please be assured that these issues will addressed by our Management Team as we strive to provide the best service possible to our guests. We encourage all guests to communicate any comments, concerns or questions during their stay to ensure your time with us is to your expectations.

Can I ask that you please contact me, or our General Manager, directly if you are coming back to Edmonton and I will make sure to personally take care of your reservation by not only offering you the best rate but also a complimentary upgrade to one of our suites to ensure we met and exceed your expectations.

Best wishes,