“Decided to walkout 5 mins after getting there”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #42 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 18 February 2011

If you want to just sleep, and pay the price, then I guess this is your place. For the price, there is really nothing this hotel has to offer. We wanted to watch a movie and the pay per view was out of order. The cable TV was very blury, no reception for half the stations. No continental breakfast in the morning, no pool, yet if you go down the street you can get a waterslide, breakfast, nicer room for the same price. Rooms smelled, and wasn't very clean. Not worth it at all. Oh the guy at front desk was nice, he gave us a refund after we decided not to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Stayed here for two nights, with spouse, a baby, and a dog.
We felt the air conditioning/heater unit was a bit noisy, but we actually slept well at night.
We booked the room with two queen beds on the second floor. I only paid for one night, the second night was a free reward night because I have enough points.
I stayed in many Comfort Inns before, normally there is free continental breakfast, but this one doesn't offer any. Anyways we didn't need the breakfast.

This hotel is in great location. Within walking distance there is a Best Buy, Home Outfitter, McDonalds, Denny's, gas station, New Asian Village(east indian restaurant), BMO, etc. Superstore was a couple blocks away. Just a short drive to West Edmonton mall, which is the purpose of our trip.

There is $10 pet fee.

It was a positive experience for us, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Mariatta W
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Snooty front desk service. Unwilling to book another night for same price despite near empty facility. Smelly, dirty, unkept corridors and staircase. Poor outside condition. Maid was friendly and willing to be of service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights...for $79 it was a great deal. Close to west Edmonton Mall and all the shopping you want to do. Clean rooms....and comfortable. Nothing special but clean and worth the money. The front staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank imcsherri
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The check in was great. I was originally booked into a room on the second floor but she happily accommodated my request to move to the first floor. My room had a fridge and microwave in it but the freezer did have something still in it (freezer burnt) from a previous person. Housekeeping cleaned my room daily and made sure to adjust my heat so the room was warm when I returned. This was greatly appreciated. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank uniquetraveller76
Reviewed 23 September 2009

The rooms were fairly clean, Customer Service Sucked, Hotel Was Dark, Nothing to offer except a bed, Could Use Upgrading, No Fridge

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank TheZtraveler
Reviewed 18 February 2009

This hotel was moderately clean with comfortable beds and good pillows. It is moderately priced and located close to lots of restaurants and shopping. However, I had a few issues with the hotel. I had booked a queen suite online for a room with a fridge and microwave, but was booked into a regular room. When I complained I was told the only room with a fridge had no telephone, since I need to use the phone this room was not an option for me.

The hotel is not very quiet. Hall noises carry into the room, as do noises from adjoining rooms. I was beside a group of teenagers who were partying well into the night. At 2:00 a.m. I finally had to phone the front desk to complain about the noise.

The only disappointment to the rooms cleanliness was the condition of the shower curtain. It had disgusting looking stains on it that made me not want to touch it. Parking in the main lot was very limited - maybe big enough for 15 to 20 vehicles. The remaining parking is at the back of the building which I felt was not very secure.

There are many hotels located in this area of Edmonton and for the price I think there are better options. Had a queen suite been available the rate would have been comparable to the much higher rated Hilton Garden Inn or the Holiday Inn at the Mall.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends