Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$118
US$79
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$93
US$89
US$97
Days Inn Edmonton South(Edmonton)(Great Value!)
US$75
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
US$139
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalet parkingcourtyard marriottthe shaw conference centreoverlooking the rivercorner roomfront desk staffroom was spacious and cleanper daymain floortwo queen bedsbuffet breakfastbusiness tripconventionlinensconcertcanadamall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Marriot Courtyard in Edmonton and had a wonderfull stay.
I was a little weary of choosing to stay at the Courtyard in Edmonton because of the rating on tripadvisor but we were really pleasantly suprised. The hotels reception desk, foyer, dinning room and bar area has recently had a facelift and has been really well done. It's modern and inviting and has a wonderfull view of the river. We hadn't booked before we arrived and the gentlemen at the desk were helpfull and friendly and we ended up with a great room. We got a twin queen room on the corner of the building which was huge and even had a extra window in the bathroom which looked further down river which was an extra great view. Make sure you ask for a riverside room, its a really nice view. The rooms aren't ultra modern but are styled well and the beds are comfortable. The location of the hotel is great for downtown lot's of shopping and places to eat just a short walk away. The underground parking is a bit expensive and there is a public carpark right outside the building - I didn't check the prices because I was told straight away at check-in that parking with the hotel works out cheaper. We ate at the restaurant our first night and had wonderfull, friendly service from a great gentlemen that we chatted with eveytime we saw him. The food was good and my husband loved his pulled pork sandwich. The only not so good thing about our stay was the confusion and sometimes flustered looking reception desk. The front desk thought we were checking out before we actually were and I had to go down to fix it up with them. I had also arranged to pay with a different card upon checkout and even as I was standing at the front desk different card in hand the guy put our payment through on the wrong card. Needless to stay I was most upset because the card he had charged had not been set up with foreign currency which incurs extra exchange fees with our bank. But, the best bit was this guy was on the phone trying to get help to fix a printer the ENTIRE time he was dealing with me. It was a shame really becuase some of the staff were really excellent and loved chatting to our son and were great and then there was this sort of thing. Other than that, this a really well priced hotel in downtown Edmonton and I would recommend it to anyone looking for value for money just double and triple check everything with reception.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ren95
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This property has a central downtown location across the street from the World Trade Centre and close to shopping and business in downtown Edmonton...

I think the property has recently been refreshed and looks very nice. I thought the room was average and that the pillows could be upgraded..an oppportunity there...the bathrooms are small and for a woman travelling there isnt much space to put your essentials - but that is just the was it is...also bathtubs are older - but in okay condition for a bather...nothing interesting about that experience.

Their is very limited room service which I was disappointed in...I really wanted room service for breakfast - not an option...and under staffed during breakfast and lunch..so took a bit of time with a limited menu for breakfast - no omelettes...etc..mediocre on the food taste and quality...so some opportunities their as well.

Well trained and personable front desk staff...a nice extra is the market where you can grab some items - items are limited and could be expanded there as well with more healthy snack options from local businesses rather than just super market choices...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thanks MarinaWinnipeg for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2012

last time I stayed in edmonton I stayed at the Fairmont next door, very expensive.
The Marriot was perfect for the price, rooms much larger,riverfront view from rooms excellent,clean and comfortable. The only negative was parking (20-30 dollars per nite).
Food was good nothing fancy. I would stay there again

Room Tip: get a room up as high as possible with river view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thanks so very much HughyN for writing a review and recommendation! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area!

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

A recent trip for surgery in Edmonton brought us to the Courtyard in downtown Edmonton. The hotel is very clean and modern. The location was excellent, within a few blocks of anything you could ever need. We had asked for an early check in due to a hospital discharge but this was not accomodated, which was fine but I just wanted to give a heads up in case others find themselves with a similar need. The staff were friendly and efficient but there was no "wow" factor at this particular Courtyard. We found the room to be spacious and well kept with clean and comfortable beds with a great size bathroom. The hotel was fairly priced for the area.

Room Tip: Get a view of the river!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SoLittletime2Travel
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at the Marriot downtown due to the perfect location it was in. It was my first time staying at a Marriot and I was really impressed with the rooms. Our room had a big comfy King sized bed and although the room was kind of small the bathroom was larger than most hotel bathrooms now a days, which was nice. The room was bright and clean with nice decor and it came with a fridge without us having to ask for one. We luckily got a room facing the river and it was nice to look out over Edmonton in the mornings. I travel alot and really focus on the service aspect when staying at different hotels. The check in staff didn't make eye contact or even smile at us once.. I even tried to make conversation and neither of them seemed interested in talking. I think that if the staff seemed more interested and happy while working this would have been a perfect stay. Regardless we will be staying here each time we come to Edmonton.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear darienalyssa,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations the Courtyard Edmonton has to offer.

Best Regards,