See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Decent place. Rooms are a little rough around the edges. Parking is free and it is in the middle of all the good pubs. Taxis and Uber to the downtown are 12 dollars each way so the hotel almost paid for itself.
Liquor store open late underneath and the people are very friendly. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank saywhensaywhat
Reviewed January 3, 2018

the room was basic just a bed and TV with a sink. I only wanted a place to crash as I was travelling and only there for a couple days. The bar downstairs has great music and the rooms are really just a bed and old TV nothing else well sorry there was a sink as well.
what can I say if you want a cheap place to stay in a fun neighborhood this is the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Fred C
Reviewed October 30, 2017

This was easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was disgusting. The television did not work, the phone was dead and the wifi was non existent. The room was super hot and when we asked for a fan to go with our air conditioning we were given a heater. A man across from us clearly had mental health issues and was kicked out. We asked for a refund and were told that would not be happening. the only good thing was the location and the blues bar on site.

Room Tip: Run away from this place!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine j
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Thankfully we were only here for a weekend! We stayed here to save some money and while the price was great the hotel was not. The room was in pretty poor condition - dirty carpets, no table lamp, door didn't close properly and rough towels. There are no amenities here (coffee, ice machine, fridge, iron, etc.) so plan to bring your own stuff if you need any of the extras. It was also very very cold - at least the bed linens were new and cozy!

The positives are that the staff are very friendly and helpful and there's a great blues bar downstairs with live music. The location is awesome, as you are right on Whyte Ave in the middle of all the action.

We kept making jokes about it and made the best of the situation but I really wouldn't recommend staying here. While the location is great the hotel definitely needed some basic upgrades to be considered nice or comfortable. Hopefully management is planning on putting some cash into this cool building in the near future!

Room Tip: Make sure you select a room with a private bath, otherwise prepare yourself for a Hostel-like stay.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank amcoss
Reviewed May 21, 2017

I am pretty low maintenance; as long as the bed is clean and warm, and the room is quiet and private I am perfect fine with any place. I often just literally need a private bed to sleep on, I don't really need the bells and whistles that other hotels have. This place suited my needs perfectly, very central location, staff was good to me, beds were clean, room was warm, the room wasn't entirely quiet as I could hear people talking outside fairly clearly and music from the bar on the main level can slightly heard but it was never really at a level that would keep me from falling asleep (almost low ambient noise). The 2nd floor shower room is fine for my needs but could do with a renovation at some point like it's first floor shower room has.

Overall I am perfectly satisfied with my stay here and would definitely consider coming back. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo