“Come Hungry”

Beijing House
Ranked #1,141 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 June 2016

It so happened to be Saturday night and my husband and I were rounding the corner of St. Albert Trail and 137th Ave. We were both hungry at 4:30 pm so we thought we would try Beijing Buffet Restaurant. The price seemed a little high, but considering on the buffet there were two soups a coconut hot and sour soup and wonton soup, a small salad bar, a large buffet of Western style Chinese Food and a small desert bar the price seemed pretty reasonable.

When we got there, and food was piled high and looked and tasted fresh. Service was good for beverages and by the time we left the line ups were starting to form at the buffet. This is a great place to go for Chinese food as they have a large selection and avoid the wait for delivery. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

My wife and I along with some of friends like to come to this restaurant for a real nice Chinese Buffet. There is always lots to choose from and the food is always hot. The attention that food table gets is unreal. The staff are very friendly and attentive. We have never had a bad experience

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We've previously been to their buffet, but tried out their pick-up food this time. Just know that it was definitely western/american-style Chinese, if you are looking for something more authentic. Great value for money - we got the meal for 3 (for two of us). This is a really good option if you are not too selective on what entrees you want, as they allow you to pick from a short-list; already includes spring rolls (3), wonton soup for two, chicken fried rice, and for entrees, we picked dry garlic ribs, Cantonese chow mein, and beef and broccoli. I priced this out per item, and it was actually a significant savings.
Everything was ready 15 mins after we placed the order (at about 4pm), which was in amazing time! Hot and seemed fresh, not like it was sitting under a warmer for a day. The portions are HUGE, and packed up to the top of their domed lids. We both ate as much as we wanted, and still have left overs for at least 1 more meal for the two of us.

The only complaint was that the chow mein was too salty for my tastes - S.N loved it though, no complaints from him.

We would go back based on the price, location and time!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

The food taste was very below average, the choices were average. The price was expensive at $19.95. A lot of choices seemed reheated and chewy. The service was really bad and it took about 30 minutes to get a drink prior to eating. The lineup for the buffet was about 40 people long and the restaurant was not overly busy. We won't be back. Just a bad experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

My car was at the dealership for service. I had some time until I get it back, so I walked here. Price was ok. The food was not greasy like normal chinese restaurant! I really enjoyed eating here. I stopped by whenever my car is in for service.