I just recently stayed at the hotel for business. Based on the reviews, I expected so much more...
A few quick thoughts come to mind:
> The hotel was loud, there was a disturbance on the floor during the night where security had to "exit" people - swearing and yelling. (I was on 6th floor which is supposedly secure). This was at 4:30/5:00am
> This is one of the few hotels I've been to in the past year where Internet costs $15/day... This is shocking as most hotels in this price range are FREE.
> The linens in the bathroom are TERRIBLE - once again, not aligned with the the Marriott chain (which I enjoy and am an Elite member) nor are the linens aligned with the price. They're thin and rough and I would throw them out ASAP.
> Everything has that "casino" smell. Even the bed. I HATE smoky air freshened smell when I'm travelling on business and not in Las Vegas...
> The room had two doubles... who does doubles any more? Why not queens? or... where's my KING?
All the above aside, the room was comfortable if not a bit small, but the view was terrible - expanse of parking lot and the city in the far, far distance. I didn't bother with the food as most of the choices were located in the casino. Also, the ever present security guards and video cameras make it so very difficult to relax when in the public spaces.
There's also little in terms of ammenities nearby. Everything is a car drive.
One bright spot - the Front desk staff and the hotel "At your service" operators were GREAT and very friendly. Always great to run into friendly folks who are there to help!
I've stayed at Marriotts elsewhere... This one just doesn't measure up.
IMHO, there are better choices in Edmonton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort is a top choice among hotels near West Edmonton Mall, the airport, and downtown Edmonton. Our Edmonton hotel's locations is ideal for business and leisure travellers, as it features meeting and conference rooms, a complimentary shuttle to West Edmonton Mall, 3 restaurants, a casino, 2 NHL-sized hockey rinks, an indoor pool, and a fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Hotel Edmonton
- Marriott Edmonton
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Resort Alberta