“Good seafood, even in Landlocked Edmonton”
Review of Billingsgate Lighthouse Cafe - CLOSED

Billingsgate Lighthouse Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen Alexandra
EDMONTON
“Good seafood, even in Landlocked Edmonton”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Was hungry for fish so my wife and I went to Billingsgate. We drive by it often, but have never stopped in. I had the jambalaya and my wife had blackend snapper. The snapper was well done, but the squash portion of the veggies was a little underdone. Taste was good though. My Jambalaya was very tasty with just enough hat from the sausage, The clams, mussels and shrimp were very good, the only negative was the rice. I think a real long grain or even a nice brown rice would be better than what was served with the jambalaya

Overall a decent meal, and the bill was reasonable too.

• Visited November 2011

Edmonton, Canada
“good fish restaurant”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

fresh fish good value and generally well prepared meals; buttery rich sauce on the fish and begetables tasty but not for somebody who has to watch their cholesterol;
recent change of chef with some loss of refinement byut the quality stays good

• Visited August 2011
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish restaurant and shop”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Visited this restaurant with friends recently and had a superb meal. The service was a bit slow due to being busy, but the food was worth waiting for. Would recommend it to any fish lover.

• Visited July 2011
Vermilion
“What a night!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

From the moment we walked in to the moment we left it was a wonderful experience. Not knowing that you really should have reservations to go to this restaurant especially on a special day (Feb 14) we were given a menu and asked if we would like to stay. They totally made room for us and it was well worth it. The service was great, and friendly, the food was excellent, and the value was there for the dollar. We will truly go back. It was worth the 4 hour drive.

“Moldy fish burger”
Reviewed 15 August 2008

I hadn't eaten here in a long time and I really only went because I was going to buy some Tuna Steaks. My boyfriend and I were hungry so we decided to eat there. The decor was laughable and kitschy. Chandelier was unique - very nautical. Waitress was decent, but mumbled so it was hard to understand her. My Boyfriend's manhattan Clam chowder was tasty. My Lobster Bisque came out with a wrinkled reheated cream look on the top and tasted "old" and very blah. After a few bites my stomach started to turn. The Fish and Chips my boyfriend ordered were good. My fish burger (salmon and shrimp- perhaps not a good combo in retrospect) tasted moldy and I think it was something added to the fish to make the patty - moldy onions, perhaps? The bun looked and smelled fine.

I didn't have to pay for my meal, but we were never apologised to and the manager never spoke to us. It was such a bad experience and put such a bad taste in my mouth that I left the store without the Tuna! I figured anyone who can't make a decent meal with fish shouldn't be selling it, either. Besides, the plates were not clean and I just couldn't trust the quality or freshness of their merchandise.

1 Thank emckoen