“Great lunch”
Review of Louisiana Purchase

Louisiana Purchase
Reserve with OpenTable
Louisiana Purchase is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,661 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Cross street: 104 - Avenue
Transit: Adjacent to main bus routes.
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I stopped in for lunch today, it had been many years since I have been here. I always enjoyed this spot and lunch today was wonderful. I ordered the special: Blackened Chicken with maple syrup, pecans, sweet potato, beans, carrot and cauliflower. It was excellent, wonderful flavours with a little bit of spice.

The serving size was perfect. I even ordered pecan pie for dessert, something I rarely do. It was really good, personally my only suggestion is that pecan pie is just better served at room temperature, the texture is better and it is more flavourful.

The service, Negritia, I hope I spelled it correctly, was very good.

Overall I wonder why it has been so long since I have been back. I will be back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a very good Sunday evening dinner at Louisiana Purchase. The food was delicious and good portion sizes. Our server was friendly and attentive and helpful. It's a cozy restaurant with New Orleans decor and good parking in front of the restaurant. Prices are on the higher side but for a nicer dinner out worth it. We would return and recommend it to anyone who enjoys Cajun style food.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

My husband and I have been to Louisiana Purchase a few times. I love the food but noticed a difference in service at my visit. The staff was still very friendly and pleasant but I missed the gentleman who used to walk around and make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. I later learned there was a change in ownership. All the appetizers are delicious but the servings are very small. I always order the Southern Fried Chicken meal. I've never been disappointed. My husband ordered Chicken and Waffles. Not something I would order but he really enjoyed it. I recommend making a reservation on the weekends.

1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband took me there for my birthday as neither of us had been before and we were pleasantly surprised.
The waitress was kind and super helpful describing dishes and recommending favourites.
We ended up getting crab cakes, fried green tomatoes, a breaded chicken dish and shrimp.
Everything was wonderfully spiced, moist and cooked perfectly.
I would advise going with a group and getting a little bit of everything.

1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

This place is Great! Delicious food and the service was friendly! Me and my boyfriend shared an alligator appetizer, and i had the seafood jambalya and it was delicious! Would come back again!

1  Thank KelseyJaylyn