“Great find!”
Review of Louisiana Purchase

Louisiana Purchase
Reserve with OpenTable
Louisiana Purchase is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Cross street: 104 - Avenue
Transit: Adjacent to main bus routes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was looking for a southern restaurant in the city and came across this one. Amazing food and service, the crab cake were great!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My son’s 22nd Birthday dinner and he was curious about alligator meat and knew this place served it “at market price”. My son was unsure about trying it when the price was not listed but of course that’s why we went there so I encouraged him to try it. The skewer of meat came with 3 or 4 very small portions of overly sauced, tough, over cooked meat overall less than 28g (1 ounce) (of course estimated by vision). That ended up with a price of $15 if I remember correctly. We were a group of 8 people with a reservation and were placed at a table trapped in a corner requiring the serving staff to reach across the table to serve 1/2 of our group. Not appropriate for a pricey place. All of us were surprised with the massive portion sizes and no one wanted doggie bags, the food was nothing like any similar food that I’ve eaten in New Orleans, very poorly flavoured for the food served in Louisiana.
Our wait person/order taker was totally inattentive and would interrupt the entire table without being polite about the interruption and she did not seem to know the menu. I would rate this restaurant mediocre at most even with a better placement and a superb waitstaff.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I stopped in for lunch today, it had been many years since I have been here. I always enjoyed this spot and lunch today was wonderful. I ordered the special: Blackened Chicken with maple syrup, pecans, sweet potato, beans, carrot and cauliflower. It was excellent, wonderful flavours with a little bit of spice.

The serving size was perfect. I even ordered pecan pie for dessert, something I rarely do. It was really good, personally my only suggestion is that pecan pie is just better served at room temperature, the texture is better and it is more flavourful.

The service, Negritia, I hope I spelled it correctly, was very good.

Overall I wonder why it has been so long since I have been back. I will be back again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a very good Sunday evening dinner at Louisiana Purchase. The food was delicious and good portion sizes. Our server was friendly and attentive and helpful. It's a cozy restaurant with New Orleans decor and good parking in front of the restaurant. Prices are on the higher side but for a nicer dinner out worth it. We would return and recommend it to anyone who enjoys Cajun style food.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and I have been to Louisiana Purchase a few times. I love the food but noticed a difference in service at my visit. The staff was still very friendly and pleasant but I missed the gentleman who used to walk around and make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. I later learned there was a change in ownership. All the appetizers are delicious but the servings are very small. I always order the Southern Fried Chicken meal. I've never been disappointed. My husband ordered Chicken and Waffles. Not something I would order but he really enjoyed it. I recommend making a reservation on the weekends.

1  Thank Diane B