“Overall quite good ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Cross street: 104 - Avenue
Transit: Adjacent to main bus routes.
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Highlights were the trout, snapper and especially the seafood sausage. The seafood sausage was amazing. The fish was excellent.

The beef tenderloin was rather uninspiring. I ordered that expecting some Cajun southern flavour. It was a bit bland, and a very average flavour profile. Like, surprisingly average. No notes of cumin, paprika, fennel or anything.
Meat was tender though. A beef tenderloin should be though, that's why it's pricey

Service was a touch slow but decent. Girl was nice.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We chose this place because we enjoyed it several times in the 90’s. Our sone did enjoy the ribs however the crab cakes and jambalaya were disappointing. Jambalaya was very overcooked and lacked the pizazz it had in the old days!

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch on our way out of town. Saw this restaurant on “You gotta Eat Here” so we put it on our list of places to eat. We were not disappointed! We shared a Swamstick (marinated, fried alligator) which was very tasty and cooked perfectly. I had the Blackened catfish po’ boy which was very flavourful. The waitress was very attentive and service was awesome. They have the best lemonade I have had in a long time!

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a southern restaurant in the city and came across this one. Amazing food and service, the crab cake were great!

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My son’s 22nd Birthday dinner and he was curious about alligator meat and knew this place served it “at market price”. My son was unsure about trying it when the price was not listed but of course that’s why we went there so I encouraged him to try it. The skewer of meat came with 3 or 4 very small portions of overly sauced, tough, over cooked meat overall less than 28g (1 ounce) (of course estimated by vision). That ended up with a price of $15 if I remember correctly. We were a group of 8 people with a reservation and were placed at a table trapped in a corner requiring the serving staff to reach across the table to serve 1/2 of our group. Not appropriate for a pricey place. All of us were surprised with the massive portion sizes and no one wanted doggie bags, the food was nothing like any similar food that I’ve eaten in New Orleans, very poorly flavoured for the food served in Louisiana.
Our wait person/order taker was totally inattentive and would interrupt the entire table without being polite about the interruption and she did not seem to know the menu. I would rate this restaurant mediocre at most even with a better placement and a superb waitstaff.