“Superb in everything, as usual!”
Review of Red Ox Inn

Red Ox Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ox Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 2,601 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 95 Ave.
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This is our favourite place to eat in Edmonton for several reasons. The staff is absolutely top notch and could not be improved upon whatsoever. They are discreet, incredibly knowledgable and genuinely care about you, the customer. The food is remarkable. Each time we do not want our dish to end as they are so wonderful. It is THE place to go for a special occasion or just because. Kudos to the staff! We left very satisfied and happy. Thank you for treating us so well!

2  Thank chefathome

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Tucked away in an small neighbourhood shopping area, this restaurant serves a reliably great but limited menu. It's small and intimate and expensive. We've gone there for years for spcial occasions, such as Valentine's Day, birthdays, and anniversaries. The service is excellent.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I've been here multiple times and in general it's great food, all my friends rave about it. BUT....my problem is that for fine dining, I find the food way over seasoned and salty.
A good chef should be able to prepare meals and bring out flavours of the choice meats, not drench it with salts and sauces.

On the flip side, the goat cheese salad is to die for....

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have been to this restaurant many times for dinner meetings and every single time, I walk away feeling satisfied - having had fresh, deliciously prepared food that's always a little different than the usual. Last night was no different. I had a light beet salad to start, followed by Atlantic cod that was so fresh, the meat melted in my mouth. The cod was very tasty and done just right, accompanied by the most interesting and tasty crab cake I have ever had. The root vegetables that came with the meal was also very tasty. The white chocolate bread pudding was yummy! I have never had anything there that I did not like in the many times that I've been there.

The service is consistently good as well.

Book at least a week in advance if you want to go there as it is a rather small restaurant so it books up fast. Definitely would go back and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice gourmet meal.

1  Thank IzzyEdmonton
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Hello old friend I missed you but was reminded why you are so good. A menu with tuna ahi to start, beef tartare that melts in your mouth and wow! A great wine list and service second to none. For main the duck was done perfectly and the cod was wonderful with a great broth and crab nest . Dessert was a bread pudding that went so well with a port . A great lil place that is what dining is all about