“Oldie but a goodie”
Review of Max's Restaurant

Max's Restaurant
Ranked #788 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Max's is known for their fried chicken but unfortunately, their chicken isn't that good here; it's kinda dry. This is definitely a safe option for restaurants for Filipinos. I've been here with my family for a couple of times now and I'm pretty sure we'll keep coming back. One of my favourites here is their Sizzling Tofu and their BBQ is really good too. Sundays is when me and my family eat here and I must say that they get really busy at lunch time so it could take some time to be seated and/or for your order to be served, but fortunately, every time we went here, we didn't have to wait for so long to be seated and for our food to be served. The servers were friendly as well. Pricing is about average but some of them are a little bit pricey. Buko juice was pricey and for sure is not fresh (from the can), so not worth it. I like their buko pandan and ube ice cream.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I was asked to go to this restaurant with some friends that are Filipino. They ordered for us since I didn't know what was good or bad. The food was good. The place was packed with people so it must be very popular. The food did take a little while but everyone that worked there was very pleasant. I would go back and eat here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Hi, fellow Filipino/Canadian craving is over
For the best Filipino/ Canadian food .Name it you can have it at Max's restaurant Edmonton.
Crispy pata was highly recommended, noodles , soups and many many more .....
Thanks Max's' restaurant for the affordable & yummy food , my family will recommend this to our friends and families.
Go try it you won't regret.
Dennis .

Reviewed 11 February 2017

was here for a business meeting at supper time. had a small buffet of only 4 items. food was good but could have had a couple more items to choose from.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We have been here a couple of times and same complaint the service is too slow. Been here on busy days and not so busy days but still same service... I wonder how many crew are working in the kitchen. We see a lot of staff though.

I don't recommend if you want to be here and you are already hungry or worst starving.
If you can cancel your order you will because it takes ages to get your food.

Most of the time same complaints can be heard on the other tables and some cant handle their frustrations.