All reviews frosted glass edmonton west sitting area one way street free breakfast sofa bed pool and hot tub great hotel adjoining rooms modern hotel excellent stay beautiful room the hotel staff bathroom door the breakfast area west side fresh fruit
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I recent stayed here during a business trip to Edmonton. While I did not book the hotel myself, I would stay here again.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good and the rooms were clean and spacious.

My only wish was that they had more of a lounge/bar instead of the current set up. It feels very much like you’re having a drink in the lobby rather than a bar or restaurant or lounge.

Loved the location as well. Close to west ed mall, and many other restaurants and shopping locations

Thank you!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
GMHPEW, General Manager at Hyatt Place Edmonton-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Carter_ AC610,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As we are a select service hotel and not a full service hotel we have a very limited bar space. Our full service hotels such as Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt & many others offer a full dine in/bar experience. However I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and will be back to stay with us.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Excellent customer service, beautiful room and very good breky. Most definitely would stay there again. When i say excellent service I mean every staff member greeted us with a smile..always. Our request for more blankets at midnight was fulfilled within 5 min. Everything we asked for was promptly taken care of.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GMHPEW, General Manager at Hyatt Place Edmonton-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The team will be thrilled to hear about your feedback. Our team takes great pride and takes cares of each and every guest so guests can experience exceptional customer service and a experience that they have come to expect and deserve while staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The king size bed was so comfy and we were able to make our room pitch black with the double window covering. The bathroom was nice than mine at home. Loved the big shower. Plus the breakfast is complimentary would definitely recommend it!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GMHPEW, General Manager at Hyatt Place Edmonton-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear letitiamarien,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our beds to be comfy. Our Hyatt Grand Bed is the best in the industry. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I booked the Hyatt brand because I’ve always had good experiences with them. I admittedly didn’t pay much attention to the “Hyatt Place” branding, but based on the rate I knew it was a mid range and not luxury hotel. Unfortunately, I was still
disappointed upon arrival by a multitude of small inconveniences like not having a hotel info directory in the room, not being able to call the front desk directly from the room, no bathtub, no late room service, and a lack of ambiance for a hotel bar/restaurant. The restaurant is basically an extension of the lobby, and the bar is in the same space, with 3-4 seats. I felt mislead, believing they had a legit bar I could bring clients to, etc. My biggest grievance was the bathroom- the shower head and water pressure was terrible. It took me literally 4x the amount of time it normally takes to wash my hair and shave. They definitely cheaped out on the shower heads that regulate water flow and if you’re a woman with long hair you will be frustrated.

The staff were excellent. They were friendly and said they would do what they could to get me a room with a bathtub, but ultimately, I booked this hotel expecting more of the luxury features the Hyatt is known for. I ended up cancelling my last two nights because I knew I could get a comparable hotel nearby for 40% less their asking rate.

So in conclusion, this is a nice hotel, but it’s not a great value and the water pressure and shower heads are abysmal.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank BanffyBanff
GMHPEW, General Manager at Hyatt Place Edmonton-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear BanffyBanff,
Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for acknowledging my team for there service and efforts. As we are a Hyatt Place we are a select service hotel and not a full service hotel such as our other brands such as Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt and many more. Being a select service hotel we offer a very limited menu/bar and do not offer room service. As part of our commitment to save on energy we have low flow shower heads. However we are still in line with Canadian government guidelines as no shower head can have a water flow rate greater than 2.5 gallons per minute at a standardized pressure of 80psi.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I am only giving a 1 because I have to. I booked this hotel a month in advance for my wedding night and told them that I would be late checking in for obvious reasons. They said no problem no extra charge. Then I show up on my wedding night to have them tell me they gave my room away! Then he blames me cause he called me “ 7 times” when they only could’ve called me 2 times during my reception cause I checked my phone. So not only did I warn them but then they blame me! Not to mention it ruined my wedding night. Then they told my dad someone would contact him to fix something that was almost 3 weeks ago.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brittanys674

Dear Brittany S,
I am sorry once again to read about your experience. The hotel was overbooked and as you were our last arrival we could not provide you with the room you had booked. We made taxi arrangements and accommodation arrangements for you at a hotel near by all on our cost of course however you had took the cab but did not take to the other hotel. As the wedding did not take place at the hotel we were not aware of your big night. Your dad did come into the hotel a few weeks ago and discussed the situation with my AGM. It is not typical of guests to experience an overbooking situation however it can occur and when it does we ensure our guests is taken care of . If I can be of any further assistance please reach out to me directly @ 780.244.4900 EXT 5120.