“Pretty decent stay”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed one night at this property, as they had a decent rate ( for Fort McMurray that is! ). The sleep number beds aren't great but aren't terrible either. Just found one of the 2 beds in the room hard to adjust properly, but I took that one as I can almost sleep on anything. My travelling companion had her little girl with her and they were good about providing a playpen/crib for the child. Their pool closed too early, we couldn't get in to use it in the evening unfortunately. Slightly longer pool access hours would be nice, as it's not as if they have a lifeguard on duty. Didn't dine at their restaurant, but did snag a cookie from the front desk in the afternoon for the little one which she enjoyed! Internet fast and easy to access.
The room above us was making a fair bit of noise in the evening, I'm not sure if this is due to them really being that noisy or if the floors are just thin and transfer noise. Seemed like the latter. But all in all the room was clean and all we really needed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you for your review, for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to our Hotel.
I appreciate your honesty in the comments on our Sleep Number Beds, if you return to our area just let me know and I can ensure that you are placed in a room that does not have a sleep number bed.
We also paid close attention to your comments on the pool hours, we are now working to ensure that the pool remains open later for the benefit of those guests who do not return to the hotel until later in the day.
Thank you again for the comments and suggestions, they are the tools we use to make the changes to better serve our guests.
You can reach me at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed here for a 5 day house hunting trip. First night we were in a standard room. Air conditioning was super loud and adjustable bed was horrible. Mentioned to front desk staff and they upgraded us to a suit at no cost. Much better. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Ate at the Aurora Grill a number of times. Service was great and food was pretty good. Location is a bit out of the way, but other than that would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
It was nice to see that during your conversation with our front desk team, they listened to your concerns and were able to change things so that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.
I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Aurora Bar & Grill. With our new Chef in place things are going in a very positive direction and we have many exciting changes that are taking place to ensure a great dining experience.
If I can be of any assistance at all please let me know gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com
P.S. Welcome to our Community ~ I hope you enjoy it as much as we do !

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We were in Fort McMurray for 6 days and chose this hotel because of the waterslide and pool - which we found out were a bit smaller than we had expected. The location was also a bit of a drive from downtown. We had some air conditioning issues (wouldn't cool the room much), slow drain in our bathroom, and noise from the street outside but the service was phenomenal and everything that they could do something about that we told them about, they did (ie replace our broken remote for our tv, bring us dishes etc when we realized we forgot our own).

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not face the road!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank paixful

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about the level of service you received while you were a guest at the Hotel.
We use the comments both the good and the bad as tools so that our entire team understands what went well and the areas that we need to work on to ensure a positive guest experience.
If your travels bring you back our way, please let me know - you can personally reach me at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I had a one night stay at the Radisson when I was in Fort McMurray for work. It was quiet on a weekend and the hotel seemed less than 1/3 full. The front desk clerk upgraded me immediately when I mentioned that I was still looking for a regular hotel in Fort McMurray.

Rooms were large and clean, as was the washroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Service in Fort Mac is hit and miss --it's either terrific or non-existent. It was a nice touch that the hotel provides fresh baked cookies in mid afternoon. The bed was comfortable and the hotel seemed quiet during my stay.

The food in the lounge was decent, though not remarkable. On a Friday evening, the lounge was relatively empty but there was a helpful server/bartender on shift.

My only complaint was the free wi-fi signal was weak, regardless of the time of day.

All told, this is the best of the lot in Fort McMurray. If you're looking for a quiet and comfortable stay in Fort Mac, this is your hotel.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
I was pleased to hear that our team was able to surprise you with the upgrade.
It gives you an oppotunity to check out the many room types that we have available here at the Hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the internet, I was curious to know if you made the team aware - the reason I say that is because we offer both hard wired and wireless...just in case there is an issue....as a corporate hotel the internet is a crucial element to any guests stay.
If your travels bring you back to our location please let me know.
by contacting me at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 30 March 2011

We stayed here again in February. As we expected the hotel didn't disappoint with good clean rooms, friendly professional staff, and a decent room rate for Fort Mac. Free newspapers and cookies at the front desk are bonuses. It's clear that all staff take customer service very seriously. They go of their way to ensure the hotel and rooms are kept in great shape & all guests are treated well; congratulations to all of them. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 10% discount at attached restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Buffalo429

Thank you very much for your kind comments !
They are appreciated and shared with our entire team.
We take pride in our hotel and the services that we provide and it is nice to hear when a guest appreciates the little changes we make to ensure they feel welcomed and they feel at home.
If I can offer any assistance on a return visit please do not hesitate to let me know personally at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 13 February 2011

- great hotel but expensive (265$/night)
- great staff
-good business center and printers
- pub-restaurant attached to the hotel
-10% discount at the restaurant when you stay at Radisson

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay, please get in touch with either myself at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com or Jenelle at rdm@radissonfortmcmurray.com and we would be happy to set up a negotiated rate for you that would be on file for any future reservation that you may have.
We want to make it as easy for you as we possibly can and the rate issue is something we would be glad to discuss.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

well where do I start, its not my favorite place to come, but if you must come up north, this is the hotel I would reccomend. service is fantastic, people are great, and the rooms are next to none. this is a must see for yourself. Oh and the desk staff go out of their way to help you in the best ways they can. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Business_Wheels
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments, they are appreciated and will be passed along to everyone on our team.
We appreciate the time you took to write your review on our Hotel, it gives us another tool to use to make the changes that our guests ask for.
If on a return visit I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know
by contacting me directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com