“Seafood Dinner for two”

Jax Grill & Lounge
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at the Podollan Inn and Spa, Jax Grill and Lounge offers a decidedly different hotel dining experience. The Jax menu features international flavours and traditional fare. The star of the menu is the Sterling Silver branded steak; an elite steakhouse level product producing exceptional flavor, tenderness and juiciness. From the plush leather seating to the cozy fireplace, the ambiance in Jax sets the stage for breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails or business meetings. Come enjoy the best steak in Grande Prairie.
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Salmon, king crab, lobster, mussels, 2 steaks and two glasses of wine for $120. It tasted amazing!!!! (I don't even like salmon but I loved this!) Great service, friendly and fast. I am coming back.

Walter B, Director of Operations at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for choosing Jax Grill & Lounge. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our brand new Land and Sea Platter at Jax. I will share your feedback with our f&b team. Thank you for great review and recommendation. We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

I Had the best ribeye ever, cooked perfect and the veggies were just right. Butter chicken was to die for, the podollan pork ribs were the best i had in a long time my buddy says. They have budlight on tap... we waited for about 30min the place was packed, staff did a great job... sonia was great and Sudeep was very tentative...

Walter B, Director of Operations at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Hello TravisLess123,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the experience on your recent visit at Jax Grill & Lounge. Our butter chicken is the best in town hands down, the recipe is our chefs mothers and he will never give it up. Our steaks are Sterling Silver AAA Beef, the best in GP for sure. At Jax our team takes great pride in what they do, I am happy to see that Sonya and Sudeep were able to accommodate your needs and leave an impression. We look forward to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Very decent restaurant. To start hotel provides free breakfast inside Ajax restaurant, which includes besides usual scrambled eggs and sausage/ bacon also made to order omelettes with chef cooking them right in front of you.
Then for supper I tried one night butter chicken wit naan bread and it was delicious.
Next night started with a portobello “tower” which is basically a baked portobello with crab meat and lots of cheese on it. Does not look much like a tower but it is very tasty. Then I had a bison chilli an this one is definitely a keeper. Yum! Anyway, I do recommend Jax as well as the Podollan it is located in. Good combination for a busy traveller.

Walter B, Director of Operations at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your most recent stay at Podollan Inn & Spa, Grande Prairie. We appreciate your feedback, and learning about your lovely experience with us. Our breakfast selection is one of the best in Grande Prairie, I am glad you got a chance to experience it. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your meals at Jax, we are very proud of our team that we have built, The culinary team is lead by one of the best Chefs in the City. I'll make sure to pass your kind words on to the team. We hope to see you again soon, until then, safe travels.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We were in Grande Prairie for the AB Summer Games. Food and service was always excellent. Tekla was there the entire time we were and she always took such great care of us!!! As well as all other staff. Just a great environment to relax in and enjoy some great food.

Walter B, Director of Operations at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing the experience on your recent visit at Jax Grill and Lounge. We are delighted to hear your comments, I will share this with our Food & Beverage team. Our team at Jax works very hard and takes a great pride in giving best customer service to our guests, I am glad Tekla and entire team could accommodate your needs. We look forward to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

After moving to Grande Prairie from Victoria, BC we were hoping we'd find a restaurant that would equal some of our favourites on the island. We've been here 10 months and have been to most of the restaurants in the city, usually after reading reviews. Mr. Mikes Steakhouse and Earls ended up being our usual choices. My husband is a steak lover and after posting on a local facebook page the top choice was a place called 'Jax' at the Podollan Inn. We'd never heard of it and decided to try a new place for a change. Jax is now our absolute favourite! Great food! REALLY great food!! From portion size to presentation definitely 5 Stars. Service is just as impressive. Very friendly and attentive and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your meal. Very impressed! Last time we were in we realized children are welcome..another plus! Food, Service, Atmosphere - 5 Stars! Thank you Tekla and staff! ~Salt & Pepper

Walter B, Director of Operations at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Hello Gillian L,

Thank you for choosing Jax Grill & Lounge and for the wonderful review. It is an absolute delight to hear that Jax is one of your favorite restaurant. Our team takes a great pride in taking guest comfort to new heights, I am glad to hear that Tekla and the team were able to accommodate your needs. We only serve Sterling Silver AAA beef, we have had many compliments on them. We hope to see you in the near future.