“Excellent prime rib”

Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 116th Avenue
Description: Located inside the Pomeroy Hotel in Grande Prairie, The Office offers a refreshing take on classic meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. Our dinner menu includes chef's specialties such as lemon and herb halibut, Peking glazed crispy duck breast or pork tenderloin piri piri. We also offer a rich selection of wines, beers, whiskeys, as well as original cocktails. Don't miss the fine dining experience that Grande Prairie has to offer, and visit us for lunch, dinner or drinks.
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Excellent prime rib 2 for 1 on Thursday nights. Meat is cooked perfect and large portions. Definitely worth checking out.

Date of visit: July 2018
GMPomeroy, Manager at The Office, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear Cathy G,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our Sterling Silver Beef program is second to none in Grande Prairie. Don't forget to check out our 1/2 price bottles of Wine on Fridays and Saturdays from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list (The only one in Northern Alberta).
We look forward to your return.
Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Amazing brunch!! Food was delicious, service was friendly and efficient!! Our family will be back again and again!

Date of visit: November 2017

Dear Jenine,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our group of international chefs try to make the brunch the best in the city. They will be overjoyed that they are succeeding. We look forward to your return. Don't forget on Thursdays we have 2 for 1 Prime rib and Fridays and Saturdays we have half priced bottles of Wine from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list (The only one in Northern Alberta).
Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Looked forward to a family meal here! We prebooked our table for 7, only to find 2 round table pushed together. This made for awkward conversation with our backs to some people. Sauces on the ribs and the pasta special were terrible- even my teenaged boy would not eat the ribs. We won’t be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
GMPomeroy, Manager at The Office, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear Jen W,
How disappointing to hear that you had a less than stellar experience at our restaurant. Here at the Pomeroy Hotel and Conference Centre we take all feedback as a gift.
I must thank you for your candid description of our rib sauce and pasta feature sauces. I will follow up with our Chefs about their composition and adherence to our exacting recipes. The bbq sauce is the same one I won the International Hog Award for the best ribs at the Toronto international BBQ festival in 2002.
I am truly sorry you had to be sat at our round tables for your dinner. It was a very busy weekend with the Alberta Summer games in town. We were only trying not to disappoint you by accommodating your party on such a busy weekend. In the future please do not hesitate to bring up your disappointment with a manager right away so we can fix our errors immediately.Please feel free to contact me at executivechef@pomeroyhotelgp.com so that I might be able to make amends to you and your family for our shortcomings.
Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting GP and went with the #1 place on TripAdvisor and were disappointed. This restaurant is attached to a hotel and is obviously from the reviews is great for breakfast and supper. I had the chicken onion filions sandwich and my bun was burnt. The side salad was weird, I ask for ranch and they put orange vinegrette on. Disappointing.

Dear Nicole T,
I am sorry to hear hear we were unable to make your lunch an incredible experience. We certainly made two large errors and ruined your lunch. I will follow up with the appropriate team members to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I was in GP for business related dealings and I had heard about this restaurant called "The Office" and figured it was time to try it. I went there with a friend of mine and the experience was unreal. I started with the shrimp cocktail and it was delicious. It was like eating your favorite song...if that makes any sense. Just beautiful. For my main, I had the Salmon and it almost brought a tear to my eye. The whole dish was amazing. It was like taking a holiday but it was in my mouth...if that makes any sense. The grand highlight was the service. We had this stunning server named Serena. Basically made the lunch for us. Beautiful girl. She knew the menu, was super friendly and looked like she enjoyed her job. So, with a combination of good food matched with good service - I'll be returning to 'The Office' without a doubt.

kmacdonald@ccpipeline.com

Date of visit: July 2018
GMPomeroy, Manager at The Office, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Juniorswayze,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I will forward your comments to our kitchen and service staff. We look forward to your return.