“Great diner food!”

Prairie Cafe
Ranked #37 of 202 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Simple, diner type food. Breakfast very good and so is lunch. Sandwiches, soup, cutlets - all served by friendly and efficient staff. It can be a bit slow but a nice simple place to eat.

Mark B, General Manager at Prairie Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Emelyn D

Thank you for your great review, we are happy to see you enjoyed all your meals here and found value in our friendly and efficient people! Thanks for dining with us!

Best Regards
Mark Butler-Jenksins

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Accessible within the hotel lobby, so no need to go outside in winter weather. Clean and bright; friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

My husband and I went there for lunch. I ordered a hot turkey sandwich with fries. The meal took a long time to arrive and when it did, everything was cold. My French fries were greasy, limp, and cold. The turkey was mostly fat and grizzle. The waitress plunked our food down and did not return for 25 minutes. There was only 1 other table of customers and they had to go looking for a ketchup bottle because they couldn't find their waitress either. When our waitress finally returned, I complained about the fries, she asked if I wanted something else. I told her that I did not have time to wait for something else. My husband and I had been there for over an hour. She said that she couldn't help it if she was soooo busy. She charged full price for my meal and when I questioned paying for something I could not eat, she said there was nothing she could do about it. $15 for a fat and grizzle sandwich. Never again!

abgmstonebridgegp, General Manager at Prairie Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Glenda, thank you so very much for letting us know about your experience at the Prairie Café, certainly not what we would like to see have happen when someone dines with us. I want to first of all apologize for this very negative experience and have an opportunity to make amends or at least a complete refund from your dining experience. I can be reached directly at 780-539-5561 and I certainly look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks again, Alan Boivin

Reviewed 17 January 2015

we recently stayed at the Stonebridge for a few days while renovating our home and the overall experience was fantastic. The rooms and room attendants were amazing and friendly, the Continental breakfast was also a nice treat, as we only live just outside of Grande Prairie, our favorite breakfast spot is the Prairie Cafe, so we had breakfast in there for most of our stay as that is where all of our friends meet. Has been a favorite of ours for years, with the same friendly faces and great food and service!! Would highly reccomend it to anyone!! :)

Reviewed 19 October 2014

Great homemade food. Went on a Tuesday and they had a Turkey(real turkey) dinner special and also meat loaf all home made.
Went on a Wednesday and the food was not the same but ok.

1  Thank april489