I recently stayed at this property after making an on line reservation. I ALWAYS specify certain criteria when making a reservation at any property and this one was no exception. I always advise that I want my room selection to be: as far away as possible from elevators, vending and ice machines and if possible at the end of hall on the lowest level possilbe. Such was the case with this reservation however it should be pointed out that there is only enough character room when specifying these need(s) so you know that the people reading the reservation don't bother to read whats written there: In this case it was; "away from elevators/vending/ice machines". No more characters were allowed! In any event I had been on the road for approx. 9 hours and had encountered a 2 hour time change, from PST to MST ( 1 hour) along with the DST change. Upon arriving at this property I had to interrupt the 2 female desk clerks who were oblivious to me and ask for my reservation which was produced, all the while these 2 ladies were carrying on with something that had nothing to do with me. I went to my room and guess what? It was oppopsite the elevators and beside the ice machine and pop machines. So much for reading the specfics on the reservation. This property advertises free hi speed internet however I was unable to connect using wireless but did note that there was also a hard wire internet connection available which I attempted to utilize it also. Neither one worked. I went to the front desk from the 3 Floor and asked about the Internet and was advised that sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I had to ask for the password which is usually written on the checkin pouch but it was not. I was told that the Wireless might work but if it didn't to try the hard wire. I advised that I had tried this but was unable to get a connection. I was advised to call the 1-800 number of Ehost and there was a card on the desk in my room with this information. Before leaving I took issue with the room I had and told the front desk people that they obviously did not read the comments portion on my initial reservation. Upon returning to my room I did call the Ehost number and spoke with a Tech who attempted to connect to the Internet but he advised he was unable to do so as the Server this hotel was utilizing was old equipment and he could not assist. We tried several IP addresses to no avail. My computer is my lifeblood of my work and not to have access to the Internet was most disheartening. I should acknowledge that one of the desk clerks did come to my room and apologized for giving me such a "lousy room" and she would find me another room in due course. Who wants to pack everything up and move again. This could have and should have been addressed when I checked in and probably could have been avoided if the desk clerks had read the reservation in the first place. When I checked out the next morning which was very early, I always ask for a zero balance statement as the one that is slid under the door usually shows a debit balance and creates difficulty with the accounting office where I am employed. I have always been given a zero balance statement whenever I asked. In any event when I got to the front counter at approx. 7:15 am the morning of check-out there was no one there! I looked around, made enough noise to attract anyone who may have been sitting in one of the adjoining offices but to no avail. I went to the room where Breakfast is served and spoke to a woman who was obviously an employee and asked her if anyone was at the front counter to assist with my check-out. She accompanied me to the front desk and I told her what I needed and she asked me for my e-mail address and said one would be mailed to me! I asked her why she couldn't just print one out for me and she stated she did not know how to do it. I then asked where the desk clerk was and was advised that she would be back in 10 minutes and should be back soon, all the while this woman was looking out the front door of the Hotel as if this desk clerk was going to appear by some magic. I left the Hotel and advised this person to tell the desk clerk if one ever showed up that I would never, ever stay at this property again and not only that I would make sure that if it was the same ownership group that owned other similar properties in Grande Prairie I would never stay at any of these other properties. What a lousy impression and bad taste I was left with by this establshment and by the Holiday Inn Express who by the way are part of the IHG Hotel Group. The Priority Club membership that I hold for these properties obviously means nothing, and if really nothing more than a ploy to get people to stay at their properties, regardless of service. I mean what I say and will NEVER stay at this establishment, ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Prairie Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near YQU Airport. While lodging at our Grande Prairie hotel, you can take advantage of our ideal location near the Great Northern Casino and Muskoseepi Park. Our premium Grande Prairie hotel offers you upscale services, including a free airport taxi voucher with service to and from Grande Prairie Airport (YQU).(Must book in advance with fronmt desk) Enjoy the comfort and convenience of our choice hotel in Grande Prairie situated near many area attractions, including the Barr Community Centre, the Grand Prairie Art Gallery and the Leisure Centre, located across the street from our Grande Prairie accommodations. If shopping is your preference, the Prairie Shopping Mall has 90 specialty stores. Downtown also has many unique shops to choose from in a convenient location near our hotel in Grande Prairie. If you're in Grande Prairie on business, you will appreciate our hotel's location near companies such as Schlumberger, Halliburton, Trinidad Well Services, Formula Powell and MI Swaco, all located less than 12 kilometers from our Grande Prairie hotel. You can also enjoy our business services, like a 24-hour Business Centre, flexible meeting space, free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour coffee service. During your stay at our Grande Prairie accommodations, take a dip in the heated, indoor pool with a water slide and Jacuzzi, and enjoy a free hot breakfast every morning. Check out our Grande Prairie hotel deals and book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie Hotel Grande Prairie
- Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie Alberta