“Wait staff in training”
Review of The Keg

The Keg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 100th Avenue and 105th Street
Transit: Bus Stop directly west of south parking area.
Reviewed July 16, 2018

There for an anniversary dinner with friends. When we were seated we were told that our waitress was in training and a second waitress would be with her. The wine order was slow in coming out. The server was friendly and polite. Seemed to understand the orders (there were no special orders or substitutions) but 2 arrived correctly and 2 were totally incorrect. Apologies were made and the correct plates came out, although a bit delayed. We were offered the specialty dessert in honour of our Anniversary. The food was very good. When the bill came it included the corrected order as well as the incorrect plates...this was adjusted after brought to their attention. It all made the evening a bit frustrating but the food was prepared well and very tasty.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a chance to go out for dinner. This is our favorite place to go out. The food is consistently great. The atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing. Since the upgrade parking is good as well.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Typically the Keg is our "go to" restaurant when we want steak. We made reservations for our family from out of town to celebrate our anniversary. We had to ask to be moved to start with because they sat 5 of us at a table for 4...there was no way that was going to work! They accommodated our request just fine. The music was quite loud for the dining room, we could barely hear each other talk. The waiter was quite nice and chatty - really working for his tip!

When the meals came, both my husband and I were disappointed in the look of our meals. I sent my charred steak back for a new one ( I honestly can't believe the cook let that out of the kitchen or for the waiter to even serve it!) - my husband refused to send his back even though he was unhappy with his too. Of course by the time my meal arrived for the second time, everyone else at my table had pretty much finished their dinner - so I basically ate my anniversary dinner alone... In addition it was quite pricey. Normally I don't mind paying if the food is good, but this was not worth the price. My child is vegetarian, so only had a salad and a baked potatoe with cheese - tell me how the cheese topping is priced more than the potatoe itself?

I will say that the manager did come over and apologize and made sure to keep me updated on the status of my dinner and she did offer a few free deserts and in the end they did not charge me for my steak. But overall it was a poor experience when we are trying to celebrate our anniversary and bring out of town guests for dinner. Probably will try somewhere else for steak next time.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

We had reservations for 5 people, we were seated in a corner booth, actually had a little trouble getting into the booth, poor choice by establishment, waiter was friendly but he kept forgetting about the real reason he was there (to serve) meals were ok but we won't be hurrying back especially with a party with more than two...

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at The Keg after a long travel day. My husband has a lot of allergies and the staff was very responsive to building a dinner slightly off menu to meet his needs. Atmosphere was romantic and the decor was beautiful. We’d come here again!