All reviewsicefields parkwaygift shoppot piecabin stylelog firerooms are basicrocky mountainlake louisefine diningremote locationstayed here for one nightbreakfast and dinnerlittle priceya great place to staycanadian rockiestour busesblack beans
Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I recently stayed here on a trip up to Jasper National Park. The hotel is located about 30 minutes from downtown Jasper by Sunwapta Falls. The room was clean, but the walls were a bit thin so I recommend bringing along some white noise. The finishes in the room are satisfactory, although a little older. There is a place to eat and gift shop on site, both of which are very nice. The falls on the property are lovely and we enjoyed a nice hike while we were there. The prices are good compared to properties in downtown Jasper and the setting is truly beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
mcorlett, Director of Sales at Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

HI AJH798!

Thanks so much for taking time to leave your review and share your experience with us. I'm so glad it was good one and that you found our quaint lodge a good option with great value!

Wishing you all the best, and hope to meet you again in the future!

Matt Corlett
e: matthew@sunwapta.com
Director of Sales
Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 1 week ago

The lodge is on the Icefields parkway road so a great location for exploring the Jasper national park (it is halfway between Jasper and the Columbia Icefields).
The room was old-school, but maintained well and very clean. You can even request to have the fire lit in your room should it get cold at night!
Upon arrival the reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful with local knowledge and booking excursions.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked two nights here on our way to Jasper. What a beautiful location right near the falls. We had a beautiful dinner in the restaurant which was very reasonably priced, breaky was also really good.
Staff on front desk and in the restaurant were so nice, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Accomodation is really comfortable and updates have been done to improve your stay.
Unfortunately we had to leave early and at short notice, they couldn’t have been more accommodating. Amber was so helpful not only did she arrange a refund for the night we didn’t stay, she arranged new accommodation and contacted the tour company which we also had to cancel. I hope management read this review and realise what a wonderful bunch they have, job well done. Thank you so much.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank jbug64
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would love to stay at least a week here. The accommodations are great and so much to do. The staff was friendly, the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was great and fun gift shop. Great walking trails. I can hardly wait to plan another trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent the last night of my time in Alberta with my family in a cozy, clean, and comfortable cabin.

Arriving late in the evening, we were greeted by a friendly lady named Andrea at front desk. She was considerate of the hour we arrived and promptly showed us to our room so we could settle in and rest. In the morning, we visited the gift shop and enjoyed a sit down breakfast. Chanon in the gift shop was very helpful and welcoming. Our food in the restaurant was served quickly and was delicious! John in the restaurant was whimsical.

Overall, each staff member was pleasant and went above and beyond what would be expected of them. The indoor features both in the lodge and cabin are rustic, clean, and visually appealing with much character.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family