Jasper House Bungalows
Hotels.com
US$140
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge(Jasper National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Tekarra Lodge(Jasper National Park)
Travelocity
All reviewsthe rivertoaster ovencoin laundrywi filiving areaon siteseparate bedroomstayed here for nightscozy cabinonsite restauranthiking trailsshort drivesmall kitchenbreakfast and dinnerlovely locationclose to towncoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the Jasper House for 2 nights as part of a tour. The "bungalows" are not stand alone units but a strip of 4 in a row. There is a small sitting area outside each room that over looks the parking lot. Fortunately, there is a path that leads to the Athabasca River and there is some seating available.
The cabins are clean with a decent (but small) bathroom but there isn't any A/C.
Mosquitos were an issue in the evening, bt in the morning there were 3 elk roaming the grounds...nature..
Breakfast was included and since we were with a group it was served buffet style..the usual fare of steam table eggs, bacon, frecnh toast etc. Ok food, but not great. Ordering from the menu would probably be a good idea, if you have the option.
Dinner was included one night and my husband and I chose the salmon. It was served with vegetables and was properly cooked and had flavor.
If you want a peaceful location; out of the action, then this is a nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SRQgirl
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I've been sleeping in a "suite for two" for 3 nights with my family during my holidays in Canada.
I've to say that the cabin was very clean with a well-organized kitchenette. I used it to prepare some meals and everything was perfect. But pay attention: you have to wash everything you used in the kitchenette, otherwise you have to pay a fee.
When I booked the bungalow I asked for one suite with riverwiev (that I had). So, from the linvingroom windows, I could see the Athabasca river and some wild animals.
My bungalow was spacious but the furnishings were old. Beds weren't too much comfortable (above all the "hide-a-bed" of our son). The walls between my bungalow and next door were very thin so I could hear my neighbours talking and moving (above all their steps on the floor that made shake even the roof).
The price isn't cheap but that's what you have to pay for this area in August.
It is a relaxing place, 3 kms far from the town of Jasper, so you need a car (but it's just 5 minutes from the city centre).
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SYD67
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Jasper House bungalows is a complex of rustical log cabins situated a few kilometres outside Jasper. We had a standard room with a view overlooking Athabasca River. The cabin was spacious and quaint with 2 queen size beds. We had a small patio and there were seats and tables on the lawn where you could enjoy a snack or watch people rafting down the river. The location was ideal and very quiet, not like most of the hotels in Jasper which are facing the main road. We didn't use the restaurant as it only opened on the day of our arrival and the menu was very limited. Ideal place and not to expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank traveller1Vienna
Reviewed 13 August 2011

When I first came to the hotel, I was disappointed. What had been represented to me as being little cabins was in fact 4-plexes and a long motel-like strip of rooms. We were in the motel-like part. Inside, the rooms did indeed have the feel of a cabin, with exposed roof beams, simple outdated wooden furniture, and lots of windows that open to let in the cool night air. There is no air conditioning, so this latter feature is important. Unfortunately, the bed had a cheap mattress that didn't provide adequate back support. The motel strip rooms also share a long front porch with wooden chairs, but this overlooks the blacktop driveway/parking lot. However, it is only a short stroll to the river, where there is additional seating if you are willing to brave the mosquitos.

We stayed two nights, and the hotel grew on me as I stayed. There is a good restaurant, and the hotel staff provided some free extras, like juice on arrival and a marshmellow roast one night (canceled due to rain). It is a relaxing place.

Room Tip: Reserve a room near the river and away from the parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marla_the_Mophead
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is a very clean, friendly, and helpful facility just out of the Jasper Townsite. It is away from the touristy feel of Jasper, and it is located on the Athabasca River. The cabins are very clean and comfortable, and the
breakfast is good. We did not eat dinner there. There is wildlife around, and other guests are friendly. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Reserve EARLY and request location...river view, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple