All reviews boothbay harbor southport island wood paneling paper thin walls different buildings in season private balconies watching the lobster boats bagels labor day outdoor pool front porch swing bridge continental breakfast waterfront building beautiful view dock
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at the Ship Ahoy on 4 visits to Booth Bay. Its a short drive into town. As you wait for the old swing bridge to go through the motions of letting the sailboats pass, you have a few minutes to admire the gorgeous homes along the banks. The hotel is old and has nothing special except the views. Plain old wood paneling, old furniture and old tile in the bathrooms and Jaoulousy doors, but it is clean. There is an old part and a new part to the motel. I have always stayed at the old part because i like it. I like to spend my money on food and other things besides a fancy place to sleep. You send them a check for a deposit, they send you a postcard confirmation. Very personal.
I will always stay there, unless I win the lottery or find Mr. Right!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank I9491UIvictoriam
Reviewed September 20, 2016

The location was great. The motel has rooms on the water and a strip of rooms near the road. I was in a room by the road. Naugahyde and knotty pine. Very noisy with wooden boardwalk and late nite arrivals. No black out curtains on the door and outside lights on all nite.
All rooms are supposed to be non smoking. My first nite was a kin to sleeping in an ashtray. Fortunately they were able to move us for the next nite. It's cheap so don't expect much

Room Tip: Check out your room 1st if sensitive to cigarette odor. Rms on the second floor will suck in cigarette smoke from the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 278Alpine
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

This is a basic motel without all of the frills, but at an excellent price. The view from our room was spectacular and I loved sitting on their private dock. On our last day I saw two seals at sunrise. The owner stayed late on a Saturday evening to check us in and everybody was very friendly and pleasant. I personally loved the "outdated" decor, makes me think of more simple, wonderful times. For an affordable vacation stay you can't beat this beautiful motel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kleofra
Reviewed August 31, 2016

A dear friend and I stayed here for 4 nights the end of June. It was so quiet and beautiful. Yes the room was basic but very clean. I brought a small coffeemaker and hair dryer along. As we were there to relax it was very nice. If you are looking for a basic place to sleep and relax, I highly recommend the Ship Ahoy motel.

Room Tip: Second floor for nest view, we stayed on first floor and it was fine
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bob P
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Location, views and proximity to harbor is unmatched. As other reviewers note, this hotel has basic amenities and low overhead making it very affordable. Our extended family has been coming here for years and the "retro-experience" is part of what we look forward to. If you are looking for a 4 Seasons Resort type experience, this is not for you. As a quiet, affordable home-base on Southport Island with great views and accessibility to Boothbay and other spots this is a great value. Good wifi on front porch in front of office and in a few rooms adjacent to the office.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family