Pine Bungalows
US$112
Mount Robson Inn(Jasper)
Marmot Lodge(Jasper)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsathabasca riverriver frontriverfront cabintwo bedroom cabinclose to townolder cabinsgreat cabinelk walkinggas fireplacepeace and quietfresh towelsfull kitcheneach eveningwe loved our stayedith cavellrustic feeljasper town
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Having spent a week in Canada, this stop, compared to our cabins in other areas, was probably the most disappointing while inside Canada. We like rustic, but not 60s and 70s never updated poorly laid out cabins with little more than an iron skillet to cook with, dish soap that was half water, a coffee maker that didn't work, and heat that has two settings, roasting and off.

Even better was the fact that wood for a fire (outdoor at this location, our only cabin we rented that didn't have a fireplace in Canada) was extra, but included in all the other properties and ready to start when we arrived. Heck, we didn't even have paper towels and when I went to the office to inquire they said sure we have some, $2 per roll right behind you. Other than laugh what can you do? They advertise internet, but only if you stand outside their "conference room" building under an awning to get a signal (you can't go inside and sit down, better hope it's not raining on your iPad).

Had an awesome trip, would change where we stayed in Jasper though.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I spent 4 nights here and had a awesome stay. The cabin was river front and very clean. After reading some negative reviews I was apprehensive about going there but I loved it. It was quiet and I loved that it was right outside the town of Jasper. It was easy to get around to the various places I wanted to see. No tv, no wifi, just the river and a fire place, can't beat that. Living in a big noisy city the quiet was so nice. All the staff here very nice. Nadine thank you again for your help, you went out of your way to help me, and thank you for the chocolate covered almonds. Mike thank you for the free firewood on my last night there. I hope to one day go back for another visit.

Room Tip: I had cabin 8. Awesome view of the river and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Michal W, Manager at Pine Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words...we really try to give everyone a quiet, peaceful experience in a clean, comfortable cabin in the mountains...hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We stayed in a bungalow on the river and It was spectacular. The cabin had a nice kitchenette and was very cozy and very comfortable. We had a few visits by the resident Elk that was a pleasant surprise. We also had a cute squirrel that entertained us tossing pine cones and gathering them for winter as we sat outside. I hope that anyone who stays in Jasper has the opportunity to experience the great place that we found. Simply Perfect

Room Tip: Stay off the main drag
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yhumberston
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

This little bungalow site is directly across from the Jasper turn off and sits right on the Athabasca River. The cabins clean and tidy. We had two rooms, a queen for us and two twins for the kids. The only noise was the squirrels dropping pine cones on the deck. The location is well worth it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2016

this property is located on a river bank. Our cabin is newer and smells like fresh paint, It is peaceful at night. We saw animals on both nights of our stay. I enjoyed walking to the river bank in the morning.
This is our first time staying in a cabin. We figured cabin is not for us. There is no TV and wifi is only available in a conference building. We missed some Olympic shows. Wifi in rooms will be handy for travel planning. The floor might need some more careful cleaning. My white socks got very dirty after walking on the floor.
The front desk person might need to work on his customer service skills.

Stayed: August 2016
Ann T, Owner at Pine Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Thank you for your review and pointing out the Front Desk Agent being less than perfect...we will spend more time training and hope to see you back again at Pine.