The following is from an email I wrote to Maligne lodge after a stay there in January 2012 - the final insult to the whole saga; they could not even be bothered to acknowledge my email or my concerns, be warned: I stayed at the lodge from January 2nd to January 5th. I was in Jasper to get married as I had pointed out at the time when I made my initial booking.
I had the misfortune however to be placed in Family Room 103, I was VERY disappointed with this room for the following reasons:
1) The back bedroom has no window to the out doors and it is extremely stuffy
2) The whole apartment was at 28C despite the heating being turned OFF
3) We had to have the ceiling fan going all night long which was noisy,creaky and completely ineffective
4) Due to the location next to the laundry there are water pipes right above the bedroom ceiling which have an airlock and bang and rattle every 11 minutes - yes I know this precisely as I spent a great deal of the night lying awake listening to them as the room was so stiflingly hot it was impossible to sleep !
The result - I had to get married after having barely any sleep. What is frustrating is that when one of the caretakers came around to take a look - and yes they acknowledged all of the 'known' problems - they said it was just a function of the room being next to the laundry and yes there had been complaints before. My question then, is why do you keep putting guests in this sub standard room and charging them the normal rates ?
When we got back from the wedding my husband asked if we could get a different room to sleep in (this would have minimised the fuss of all 4 of us that were staying in 103 having to move all of our belongings AGAIN) - but no, we were told that we would all have to vacate 103 and move to another suite. Although the room we moved to was significantly better, it did however mean that on my wedding day I had to waste an hour moving 4 people from one room to another.
Really, I do not think this level of customer service is good enough, nobody even apologised for all of the disruption caused. I would like to know what management has to say about this overall experience before I post this account on Trip Advisor which I think currently paints a rather too-rosy picture of your establishment.
............................. only radio silence ensued, hence the post .............................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly nestled at the end of Jasper's main street where the mountains meet the town site, Maligne Lodge offers a relaxing haven in which guests can retreat after an adventurous day. Mornings bring the refreshing smell of crisp mountain air and evenings, the chance to relax by a crackling fire. Days, are wide open for guests to enjoy, whether on an action-packed outing on the slopes or a peaceful exploration of the landscape below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Maligne Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maligne Hotel Jasper
- Maligne Lodge Jasper, Alberta