“Great place to stop for lunch”

Sunwapta Falls Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 95 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is attached to the Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Ate there twice during my trip. They had 4 great soups to pick from (kind of cafeteria style) with friendly help. We did not eat from a menu sit down service. Had a nice salad out of the frig case and enjoyed our meals. Really enjoyed the soups.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Beware of the hot cocoa machine in Sunwapta Cafe. It is beyond dangerously hot, and it scalded me with a 2nd-3rd degree burn very quickly. I poured a cup and set it on the ledge below, which was uneven. The cup tipped and spilled on to my leg and foot. I did not get my shoe and sock off quickly enough, and got a blistered burn on the top of my foot. Stupid young staff did not understand about scalding burns and did nothing to try to help me to mitigate the burning. They just focused on the spill, not on helping me. My sister had to insist on them getting me a cool wet towel and then some ice. They need to learn First Aid if they are going to keep such an excessively hot machine in the public area. They should have provided a private area to remove for me to remove my scalding hot clothing, and provided cool water to run over the burn. I would worry about young kids trying to use that self-serve machine and getting scalding burns. In addition, I had bought a wrapped carrot cake piece to take. Worst one ever. Frosting was artificially sweet and grainy.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We just stopped in for a cup of coffee but watch the speed limit because the speed changes quickley!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The food was real good but it was expensive. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing. We especially enjoyed talking to the delightfull young man from London that waited on us.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We were very disappointed in our breakfasts that we had looked forward to since our early departure from Jasper 10 days ago. My husband chose the eggs with hash browns, bacon, and sausage. The scrambled eggs were a mix of too dry and undercooked pieces; the bacon was very fatty and far from crisp yet edible, the sausage had a very strange taste so wasn’t eaten, and the “hash browns” seemed to be a deep fried lump of reconstituted potatoes that were very dense with a dollop of salsa. The toast came with a little jar of fresh berry jam that was quite good. His meal was $17.50. Fortunately I chose the oatmeal/granola bar. It offered several topping choices including some fruit and good Greek Yogurt. I was surprised the “steel cut” oatmeal was so dense; very unlike what I cook at home. I can only guess It was leftover from yesterday. It was some of the most expensive oatmeal I’ve had at $13.50

We expected to pay more around Banff and Jasper but we were surprised at these prices. And when we do end of paying a lot, we feel better about it when the food is worth it. Just be forewarned.

Also be prepared for limited parking especially if you are pulling a trailer or have an RV. Fortunately, at 8 am we found a spot on the road towards the falls.

The best part of the breakfast was the choice between dark and medium roast coffee. We appreciated the dark roast. The wait staff was friendly as well; however they seemed to be challenged by a large table that came in right before us.

I usually don’t write this long of a review but had some time as we were camping and it had been raining.