“Average bar. ”

D'ed Dog Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 4 Nightlife in Jasper
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We visited the D'ed Dog because we knew they were showing the last concert of the Tragically Hip. While the bar was clean and comfortable, the food was average. We had an appetizer plate to share and it was good. The Caesar was not well done so I would say average to below average. They did have a decent selection of other alcohol beverages.
The staff were the best part of the bar however. They were very sweet and helpful, and always had a smile during a very busy rush.
The couple we sat with at the long tables were Jasper locals and chose this as one of their favourite hangouts. That was comforting and let us know we made a good choice to share a few drinks here.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Great pub atmosphere and food. Service was terrific and the nachos and ribs are were wicked good. Gotta try the "Give the dog a bone" appy :-)

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I normally don't like 'fish burgers' because they fall apart and are sloppy and the topics smother the fish flavor. This Blackened Arctic Char burger, however, was far greater than any fish burger or sandwich I've had in a long time because it didn't suffer from any problems I normally have with fish sandwiches. It was lightly broiled in their seasoning with some kind of citris but let me tell you that's the sandwich to have while there. They throw in a soup with that too and for the price you get a deal actually.
Some people have told me to eat outside because the service is better, I don't even know what means. I think that the owners are hands-off with customers and won't be all in your face every 1 minute asking you how you're doing, which is really a rush technique to get you out of restaurants. You don't have any of that here, they just bring your food, ask you if need anything and disappear so you can continue talking, is what I feel. I came with a small party, they got the food on time, they didn't bother us, they came when needed, that is good service in my book.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Went to the D'ed Dog Bar and Grill after a long hike. Food was very good, prices were average. Comfortable seating and a great waiter.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

it is a pub and that is what you get.pub food pub drinks.the apps we had were good.service was good.selection was great.