Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Good local pub

Good selection of beer and decent pub menu. Went on a busy Thursday night and it took a few to... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2018
4ad2ts
Calgary, Canada
via mobile
Sunday Steak night

I saw on passing that it was a special offer on each night and Sunday was Steak night. Amazing... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2017

from US$49.70
from US$55.44
from US$55.44
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

This place was average /OK. The setting is definitely a morning after kind of place where the place seems to have a bit of a hang over from the night before. We came here to enjoy some traditional pub grub. The beer selection was pretty good, including several N A choices. My wife ordered the Chili Cheese Fries (usually a salad eater) and she really enjoyed the large cut fries. I had the Shepherd's Pie (a speciality) which was meaty but lacked the usual gravy.. . so a bit of a miss. There was only one waitress working which caused a group of impatient foreign travellers to leave after not being served right away. All in all, nothing really special but fun nonetheless. You need to be chilled to enjoy this place mid Sunday.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We visited the D'ed Dog because we knew they were showing the last concert of the Tragically Hip. While the bar was clean and comfortable, the food was average. We had an appetizer plate to share and it was good. The Caesar was not well done so I would say average to below average. They did have a decent selection of other alcohol beverages.
The staff were the best part of the bar however. They were very sweet and helpful, and always had a smile during a very busy rush.
The couple we sat with at the long tables were Jasper locals and chose this as one of their favourite hangouts. That was comforting and let us know we made a good choice to share a few drinks here.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Great pub atmosphere and food. Service was terrific and the nachos and ribs are were wicked good. Gotta try the "Give the dog a bone" appy :-)

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I normally don't like 'fish burgers' because they fall apart and are sloppy and the topics smother the fish flavor. This Blackened Arctic Char burger, however, was far greater than any fish burger or sandwich I've had in a long time because it didn't suffer from any problems I normally have with fish sandwiches. It was lightly broiled in their seasoning with some kind of citris but let me tell you that's the sandwich to have while there. They throw in a soup with that too and for the price you get a deal actually.
Some people have told me to eat outside because the service is better, I don't even know what means. I think that the owners are hands-off with customers and won't be all in your face every 1 minute asking you how you're doing, which is really a rush technique to get you out of restaurants. You don't have any of that here, they just bring your food, ask you if need anything and disappear so you can continue talking, is what I feel. I came with a small party, they got the food on time, they didn't bother us, they came when needed, that is good service in my book.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Went to the D'ed Dog Bar and Grill after a long hike. Food was very good, prices were average. Comfortable seating and a great waiter.

Date of experience: April 2016