“An good business hotel”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've not had a problem with any of the rooms that I've had over the past few years. Everything has been clean and functioning. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast is good with me. I find the staff friendly and helpful. The excerise room is basic and is what you would expect in a small hotel. I do agree that this location does charge much more than the other Holiday Inn Express hotels that I use in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank wbsAlberta

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My family and I checked onto one of your Junior Suites on the weekend (2 queen beds, 2 TV’s). When we entered our room there was tinsel on the floor and dust on the furniture leading us to wonder if the room had been cleaned. Upon further inspection we found hair on the pillows, a dried substance on the glass tray in the bathroom, but most disgusting of all a dried urine puddle in front of the toilet!!! The toilet paper was also not folded nicely like when you normally enter a cleaned room. We went do to the front desk and they moved us to a new suite, this one minus one TV, which my children were not impressed by. At least upon entering this room you could smell that the sheets were at least clean. Figuring this room looked decently clean enough my family and I went to the pool. Once back in our room I went to run a bath for my son only to find I had to clean the tub before I could use it! The bottom of the tub had dried mud/dirt puddles on it as well as the tub ledge. My husband had gone to the vending machine to get some pop and went to place it in the fridge only to notice there was dirt in there as well. Again I was thoroughly disgusted but by this time it was 10 pm and my kids were not in the mood for another room change! The next morning I awoke and went to make coffee only to find that filter basket had been slapped on top from the last use and there were dried spots of coffee and grounds on top! Seriously, when you’re paying $180+ a night for lodging you expect it to be clean!!!! I was even further disgusted and offended the next morning when I checked out and told the front desk about our room when they figured they had done us some great service by knocking a whopping $20 off my bill!!!! Seriously!!!! I shouldn’t have even paid half of what it was worth, I’ve seen cleaner rooms at much cheaper hotels!! Trust me when I say that I will never stay at your hotel again! Not only was it the grossest experience I have ever had but the most HEALTH concerning one!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Cyndi115
Darlene C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

The condition of the room(s) that you occupied certainly was not to our standard. The individuals have been dealt with that provided this poor level of cleanliness. We were able to respond to your concerns directly the following day. We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I were visiting my son and we wanted to stay for 2 nights. The front desk clerk said that the room would cost $220.00 a night with taxes. For a King Bed? We went somewhere else & payed $98.00 for a night. We were very upset as we are priorty club members & love our stays at Holiday Inn's. We have stayed at Holiday Inn's in Vancouver, Edson, Lloydminister, Osooyos etc.. and keep coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathykaplar

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately the day you were looking for "standard King" accommodations there were none available. The king room available was a "king suite" that normally sells for $300/night, so $220 is a good price. Hope to have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Had a good stay here.  Check-in was fast but we didn't receive a welcome gift for being Priority Club member.

The whole building has been renovated. There were only a few things that weren't renovated in the room and nothing too noticeable.  The room was clean and spacious.  It had a mini kitchen with a small sink and microwave and fridge.

WIFI had good a signal and the bed was great.  Breakfast was good too but the cinnamon bun was dry.  The hotel is right on highway 1, can't miss it.  Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

If you're looking for the best (lobster) ravioli, check out Tumbleweed Grill.  Rib eye was just as good.  Actually, I think anything they make there will be awesome.  For lunch, there's a cafe called Zucchini Cafe.  They have the best quiche and Greek Salad.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were driving home from Spokane and decided to take a break for the night.
Stayed at Hoilday inns before and decided to try this one.
The guy at the front desk was great, he honored my goverment rate no problem. They also take pets with no extra fees which was great. Lots of parking for our truck and trailer.
The room was very nice with a fridge and microwave. There is no resturant on site but lots of places close by.
The free breakfast was good and nice staff.
Allin all good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank litew8t
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Would absolutely stay here again if we were zipping through Medicine Hat. Our room was huge,clean and the beds were super comfy with soft linens. Extremely welcoming and friendly staff. Great pool with watersides to keep little ones entertained.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Located on the NE edge of town, near the main road to Saskatchewan, and not far from two shopping malls, and the Thai Orchid restaurant, this is a good choice. A newish hotel, it has all the features you expect from a Holiday Inn Express: comfortable rooms, a business center, and a good hot breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business