“A Pleasant Surprise”

Thai Orchid Room
Ranked #1 of 218 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We checked the reviews of this restaurant because it was conveniently located within a short walk from the hotel we were staying. We were pleased with the reviews and opted to dine here.....what a pleasant surprise. There were three of us so we picked “ Clams Pad Phet” as a starter that we shared, we were impressed. For our main course we shared Chicken Pa- nang, Traditional Pad Thai and steamed Jasmine rice. Our meal was outstanding. The portions were large so there was plenty of food and each of us agreed that this was the best Thai food we have had in a long time. We are foodies and frequent Thai restaurants in Vancouver BC as well have travelled to Bangkok and eaten Thai food in Ottawa & Gold Coast, Australia. We were treated to 2 deserts by the restaurant, a white chocolate creme brûlée and a coconut creme brûlée. Both were flavourful but the white chocolate brûlée was a winner. In summary, the food was outstanding, great value for the cost and the service was excellent.the restaurant is conveniently located just of the highway, My only regret is that we are not here long enough to return for another meal.

1  Thank AALOOGOBI

Reviewed August 31, 2018

We always go to the thai orchid room when we are craving thai food. the serve is excellent and every order that I have had was great. My favorite is the coconut lemon grass chicken soup.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Visited at recommendation of Holiday Inn - mice intimate dining room, good menu z, excellent attentive service. Food came nice and quick - was excellent quality. Had good wine available. Very nice visit. Highlyrecommended

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I have never had authentic Thai food before and this place was great. I read other reviews and had to go. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and great food.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Love love love this place. From the customer service to the food we’ve never had a bad experience here. I love getting whatever is on special. You get so much food for your $$ we always end up taking half home. I recommend calling for a reservation on weekends.