“Good steaks and pasta”
Review of Tumbleweeds Grill - CLOSED

Tumbleweeds Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2015

This restaurant was recommended by different people I know since I started coming to Medicine Hat but I did not go because it was a little far from downtown... well, yesterday we decided to go because I wanted to know why the hype.

The hype was not wrong... ha ha ha :).

The restaurant is not easy to find, it is located outside the city behind a Best Western Hotel and a gas station.

Let's start saying that the hostess and the waitress were very friendly and happy to accommodate us. The decor is very classy and cozy. I was glad to see the variety of dishes in the menu... but their specialty is Alberta Beef Steaks. I ordered the 8 oz Premium Filet with the side of their Wild Mushroom Spaetzle... it was great and medium rare as I ordered it. I have to give a special note to the Wild Mushroom Spaetzle, I couldn't stop eating it because it was so tasteful (for the people that went to Flemings... this spaetzle is as good as the Mac and Cheese from there, so you know how good it was). My friend told me that his "Double Baked Potatoe" was good too.

They have a nice selection of wine, not in quantity but in quality. We drank an Argentinian Malbec (Finca Sophenia) that was $40 and it went very good with our steaks.

I would choose this restaurant for a good steak instead of the famous Ralph's or The Beefeater .

Reviewed June 4, 2015

this restaurant is high quality food and service. It has great atmosphere they have unique menu with flare is worth the experience.

Reviewed May 20, 2015 via mobile

May 18/15
My husband and I had supper here as we were staying next door at the terrible Best Western. It offers both a nice bar/lounge area with TVs and a lovely airy dining room. The staff are welcoming, friendly and efficient. It was Greek Night (Sundays and Mondays) and we chose chicken souvlaki, the shrimp in tomato and feta sauce and Greek salad. It was all very good and the salad was huge and nicely prepared with no lettuce, as it should be! We split a baklava for dessert (it came with two pieces and our server was nice enough to tell us this) which was delicious. If we lived nearby we would certainly go back again. (The washrooms are down a flight of stairs.).

Reviewed May 20, 2015

Excellent food, good service, atmosphere was better than most in Medicine Hat, but just a little pricey for me.

Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

The food here is excellent. I have never had a bad meal. Greek night is exceptional. The ambiance is visually quite nice however the sound carries like a cheap diner and the music repeats frequently. This takes away from the romance.

2  Thank Paddy-O_71