“Expensive for the quality”
Review of Tumbleweeds Grill - CLOSED

Tumbleweeds Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Service was very good. Appies were a good size. Main dish of lobster was very small for the $33 price (menu stated 7oz but that must have included the shell weight). I eat lobster frequently so am familiar with the portion size in restaurants. Desserts menu was a choice of 3 items. All at our table found that the main dishes lacked seasoning but the appies were heavily salted. This aims to be fine dining with the prices of the plates but the quality & lack of dress code prevents this.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

This restaurant was recommended by different people I know since I started coming to Medicine Hat but I did not go because it was a little far from downtown... well, yesterday we decided to go because I wanted to know why the hype.

The hype was not wrong... ha ha ha :).

The restaurant is not easy to find, it is located outside the city behind a Best Western Hotel and a gas station.

Let's start saying that the hostess and the waitress were very friendly and happy to accommodate us. The decor is very classy and cozy. I was glad to see the variety of dishes in the menu... but their specialty is Alberta Beef Steaks. I ordered the 8 oz Premium Filet with the side of their Wild Mushroom Spaetzle... it was great and medium rare as I ordered it. I have to give a special note to the Wild Mushroom Spaetzle, I couldn't stop eating it because it was so tasteful (for the people that went to Flemings... this spaetzle is as good as the Mac and Cheese from there, so you know how good it was). My friend told me that his "Double Baked Potatoe" was good too.

They have a nice selection of wine, not in quantity but in quality. We drank an Argentinian Malbec (Finca Sophenia) that was $40 and it went very good with our steaks.

I would choose this restaurant for a good steak instead of the famous Ralph's or The Beefeater .

Reviewed 4 June 2015

this restaurant is high quality food and service. It has great atmosphere they have unique menu with flare is worth the experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

May 18/15
My husband and I had supper here as we were staying next door at the terrible Best Western. It offers both a nice bar/lounge area with TVs and a lovely airy dining room. The staff are welcoming, friendly and efficient. It was Greek Night (Sundays and Mondays) and we chose chicken souvlaki, the shrimp in tomato and feta sauce and Greek salad. It was all very good and the salad was huge and nicely prepared with no lettuce, as it should be! We split a baklava for dessert (it came with two pieces and our server was nice enough to tell us this) which was delicious. If we lived nearby we would certainly go back again. (The washrooms are down a flight of stairs.).

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Excellent food, good service, atmosphere was better than most in Medicine Hat, but just a little pricey for me.