“Hoping place”
Review of Tumbleweeds Grill - CLOSED

Tumbleweeds Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Has brunch, eggs Bennie traditional style

Crowded and noisy popular place

Would come back to try the burgers, looked good as they went by

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Our hotel staff told us about this place and we were not disappointed. The food was awesome - I had the veal and my husband had the steak - and on the recommendation of the hotel staff we had the cheesecake ... I still have dreams about that stuff!!! One of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. Lovely wine selection.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I called for an anniversary booking. I asked if they could help with a song request to celebrate our occasion. I was told "we don't do that"
I asked could they jazz up a desert with sparklers. I was told "we could stick a candle in a cheesecake"
So we arrived to a waitress who seemed unable to break a smile. On every question on food or drink we got a very straight one word answer,
After awkwardly settling for the Greek Menu Mezze we waited an hour to be served ALL Mezze dishes on one plate! Well all apart from dolmades, when we asked they said "we have none"
As a summary; very dry meat overcooked, tasteless, not a single sauce on the platter (until we asked, followed by a confused "I can get some tzatziki,"
Potatoes were undercooked, dry and unseasoned.
Meat balls were not even in a sauce (as advertised), dryer than an old burger and bazzarly flat like a burger.
Nil flavour to ANY element of the dish, all poorly cooked, presented and lacking ANY remote Greek flavours. After complaining we were told we could get a free pudding (which I'd already arranged but no longer wanted)

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

2  Thank Leahcariadd
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Went on a Sunday night. Though expensive the tatziki sauce was well worth it! Large portions and a too-die for dessert menu.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Service was very good. Appies were a good size. Main dish of lobster was very small for the $33 price (menu stated 7oz but that must have included the shell weight). I eat lobster frequently so am familiar with the portion size in restaurants. Desserts menu was a choice of 3 items. All at our table found that the main dishes lacked seasoning but the appies were heavily salted. This aims to be fine dining with the prices of the plates but the quality & lack of dress code prevents this.