“A TRUE GEM in downtown”

Tasty Kabob & Pizza
Ranked #149 of 343 Restaurants in Red Deer
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Reviewed March 9, 2018

After driving by the place countless times and seeing the sign indicating pizza and kabob, I recently saw a "buffet coming soon" sign that caught my attention.
I am a huge fan of buffets since they allow one to try a wider variety of what is offered but I had no idea what would be on the menu.
The restaurant is located on the first floor of what used to be the Valley hotel in downtown Red Deer.

We went in today and I will be forever grateful that we did.
It turns out that this is an Afghani restaurant owned by a charming man named Farid.
We were greeted and ushered to a table in the spacious dining area.
The area is sparse but had three televisions tuned to sporting events.

The buffet featured rice, chicken korma, beef korma, a vegetable dish, butter chicken, and some samosas.
There was also some flat bread and a salad.
EVERY dish had an incredible flavor, more than I have had in a long time.
In addition to the buffet items we also tried their chicken kabob and beef kabob, both of which were amazing.

I was definitely blown away to find food this good in such an inconspicuous location.
The lunch buffet is from 1130 till 1400 and costs only $13.99 which is well worth it.

I highly recommend this place and wish there was some way to give it more than 5 points

Like many places downtown, the one drawback is parking.
There is however, a large parking lot directly across 49th Street and parking meters on both 49th St and 51st Ave.
The place does not look like much from the outside but the food is definitely worth venturing in for.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

It's new, but I've been here twice already. Once for pizza and once for donair. They were both very good and a good price compared to other places in Red Deer.

1  Thank nielsie15